Escape From Antoria Part 38

Part 3 enjoy (sorry it took so long )

"Hello mother" She said looking in my direction. I gasped was she talking to me? I looked behind me to make sure. Nope no one there except Holly but I'm pretty sure she didn't mean Holly.

"Me?" I asked incredulously pointing at myself as if to iterate the point.

She smiled. "Surely you recognise your daughter."She raised her arm to show me the markings and I gasped.

"My little Izzy?" I asked trying to hold back the tears. It can't really be happening can it?

"Yes Momma!" She said.

I turned to Nate. "Pinch me, i need to know it's real." He complied with which I yelped. I was irritated for a moment, I didn't actually think the dumbass would do it but then my eyes widened in realisation, this was undoubtedly real. A big grin appeared on my face and I jumped into Nate's open arms and planted a kiss on his lips ignoring the gasps as he spun me around. I heard a few yelps and laughed at the images of people touching the bubble that never ceased to amaze me and then jumping back as it scorched their skin. I heard someone giggle and as I opened my eyes I saw the woman, Izzy, my beautiful daughter running her hand in the bubble before jumping inside it with a triumphant grin. It really is her!!! Only Izzy was ever able to join us inside of our little bubble. I let go of Nate abruptly and watched as the rainbow bubble began to fade before practically jumping on the poor girl.

"Oh my god my little girl is all grown up!!" I cried as a few tears began to run down my cheeks.

"Actually...how the hell are you practically the same age as me...no don't tell me...I was pregnant with you for less than a week so I can only guess that some other magic is at play." I said as I released her.

"Calm down mum, there's someone I'd like you to meet." Izzy said gesturing for the green winged woman behind her. The woman hesitantly stepped forward she looked about the same age as me but in my opinion was a hundred times more beautiful, like it was natural, earthy. "Mum this is Aurora; she's the one who raised me." I arched my eyebrow. You've got to be kidding me!

"But how can she have raised you, she's the same age as you right?" I asked desperate for there once to be a normal answer.

"No she's 200 years old but in Antoria or earth years that's like ...20" Izzy said whilst tapping her chin. I can't believe it...this is also strange but then I spotted the rainbow that was in the clearing on the other side of the waterfall and realised there were some things that just can't be explained. Heck look at myself I'm a walking example if you think about it in earth terms...I'm just not meant to exist.

"OK, and to sound like a cheesy earth film...'take me to your leader'...yeah we have some grave matters to discuss heck we just came to look at the waterfall to try and figure out how to contact you guys and for once it must be our lucky day." I said with a smile.

"Oh no problem...DAD!!!" the green woman...Aurora I think she said her name was...shouted out over the crowd.

A few seconds later the old man who had been standing in the middle of the pool pushed his way through the crowd and came to stop in front of us. From looking into his eyes he looked about 70 maybe 80...but his eyes they tell a different story.

"You are older than you look. You appear about 70 but from your eyes I'd guess it's more like ...700" I said in a kind of dazed tone not breaking eye contact with the old man.

"You're close; I'm 784 years young well the last time I counted anyway. Now daughter what complaints do you have this time?" He asked tiredly as he looked over at Aurora.

"I'm not here to complain, it's just these Antorians wanted to speak to an Elder so i called for the first Elder I thought of...Jeez can't get a break around here." She huffed throwing her hands up in the air. I felt rather than saw the change in earthen energy.

"You have the affinity for the earth...it's strong...very strong" I muttered as I closed my eyes and revelled in the pulsing magic with a smile on my face. I could feel my own magic joining with it, trying to sooth its restlessness.

"Yes, as do you." I could hear the smile in her voice but it also seemed a bit shocked.

I nodded before opening my eyes. "Yeah, it comes with the body art." I said with a smile. I stood back into Nate's arms and subconsciously raised my hand to trace the markings on his face. Somehow it always seemed to sooth me. I once traced nearly his entire torso and the sight of it all glowing was just amazing. I shook myself from those thoughts before I went into more...dangerous territory.

"There is urgent matters we must discuss that involves your people as well as ours." Nate spoke up in a very grave tone of voice, as if in those few worlds you could sense the wait on the world on his shoulders and I suppose he does in a sense, he has the lives of every citizen of Antoria depending on him. "The demons are out and the darkness is coming." He said. I watched as the old man's eyes widened and then he looked at Izzy and smiled in understanding.

"It seems there was a reason for you being with us after all." He said with a smile. "firstly you excelled in martial arts and magical studies and now the final part...your transformation." He said looking her over as if analysing every detail of her. "Firstly your Avalian name means Warrior. Secondly your wings...never has there been anyone with wings like yours well at least not for a thousand years, the silver alone in them is a rare trait and is only given to someone who is meant to do something remarkable. By having every colour I can only assume that the fate of Avalia rests on the shoulders of you Princess Isadora 'Cahira' of Antoria and champion of Avalia." He said with a wide smile.

Izzy the poor girl looked like she was going to pass out. Heck even I felt a bit overwhelmed. But then it clicked. One who was of both Avalia and Antoria, it's what was foretold. "It's your destiny, even I have read it." I said in a quiet voice. I don't want my daughter to be harmed but in this case there is nothing I can do...except helping her. "But do not worry Izzy; I'll be right here to fight beside you." I said reaching out and taking the suddenly pasty face in my hands and planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Thanks mum." She said quietly.

"I'll be there to help too." Nate said pulling Izzy into a hug. "you are as much my little girl...well not so little but that's beside the point, you are my little girl and I will be here to help if you need me." He released her from the hug and then took a step back. "I have to back to Antoria we have people arriving soon." He said taking hold of my hand.

I started panicking, what if I don't see her again!! I dropped Nate's hand and rushed forwards and took he hand in mine. "I have to go back too. Make sure you let us know before you go off to save the world OK?"

I said all motherly. "I'm soo glad you're OK, I just wish I could have seen you grow up." I said sadly pulling away from her.

"It's OK mum, don't cry." Izzy said softly as she reached up and brushed away tears I hadn't even noticed I was crying. "I'll see you soon."

Once she pulled away I practically threw myself on a startled Aurora. "Thank you for looking after my little girl. Make sure she stays safe." I said before pulling away. "Right Hols, get you're hugs and stuff in before we leave." I said not really paying that much attention to what was going on anymore.

Nate walked over to that old guy, what the hell was his name anyways? "Elder Roman, I have to get back to my people but I would like to talk to you and the rest of the elders soon so that we can make plans for our future. Would that be acceptable to you?" He asked.

"Yes how about in 10 days time so you have time to prepare you kingdom for you absence." He said reaching out his hand to Nate who grasped his hand and they shook on it." I couldn't help but sigh as I watched Izzy and all the Avalians who walked over the rainbow before disappearing into the beautiful colours stretching across the sky. Just before she was engulfed by it, Izzy turned to me and waved.

"See you soon mum." She called back over her shoulder and followed the strangers into the rainbow. It seemed to grow brighter for a second before it slowly shimmered out of existence. I sighed.

"Come on, we have guests." And with that we went to the portal back to our own home.

Katherine Pocock©