Escape from Antoria Part 4

Okay next part is up! gave me an excuse to dodge the essays lol Please vote and comment or become a fan to let me know what you think.:) I'm going to try to find pictures of what Ari, Nate and Blake should look like because I havent described them much if at all so will let you know soon. Anyways hope you enjoy :)

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

I stared at the fire for minutes or maybe it was hours , I don't know. I was just frozen but I couldn't take the silence any more as I lifted to meet Nathan's gaze. He was still staring at me but the initial shock seemed to have worn off and he was now staring at me with idle curiosity.

"Na..." My throat was all dry and scratchy so I cleared my throat to try again. "Nate? Are you OK?"

This seemed to make him realise that he'd been staring because he immediately shook himself then came and sat down next to me in front of the fire. He turned his body towards me and steadily met my gaze.

"How did you do that? Do you have magic?" May as well confess, it's not like I know much more than him.

"Umm I think I did, not totally sure though... Blake did say I could do magic but I just thought he was crazy ... never thought it actually existed..."My mumbled words seemed to die off as I kept eye contact never looking away from his intense gaze.

"Ok I know this sounds strange... but do you have any marks on your back... that look like this?" with that he lifted his shirt to show me his back which had an intricate pattern that wound up the muscled contours. Wow, Nate is hot! ... What am I saying? He could easily kill me and he'd probably get off with a medal. I need to keep on his good side.

"Well do you??" Nate was looking at me intently.

"Do I what?"

"Were you not listening? I said do you have a mark like mine?" I blushed and focused again on his back this time fully taking in what I'm seeing. OMG. I reached out and traced the design as it followed his muscular shoulder before disappearing round the front of his body; it almost seemed to glow under my touch. This is way too creepy; it really looks just like mine.

(http://ebookstore.co.uk/images/full_body_tattoo.jpg -Nate's tattoo)

"Yea... But ..." I hastily removed my soaking cape and the brown leather top so that I was only in the white tunic. I lifted the bottom to reveal an intricate design that wove up my back. Nate copied what I had done and traced the pattern up my back causing me to shiver as his hot touch burned against my icy skin. "What does it mean? I only got this a few weeks ago, I went out for my 18th birthday, got very drunk and when I woke up in the morning I had this...flipped out because I figured my friends let me get a tattoo or something."

"This isn't a tattoo, it's the mark of the ancient Antorian mystics, and these designs haven't been seen for over a thousand years. Some prophet told me to come to this part of the woods on this day and I would meet the person to help defeat that tyrant who rules us, didn't think it would be a girl though."

"Hold up, ancient mystics? Does that mean you can perform magic as well?"

"Yes I can do enchantments and spells, but you could say telekinesis is my strong point."

"Cool, I'm guessing from my little bonfire that I have pyrokinesis, wonder if I can do anything else?" I sat there for a few moments thinking over Nate's words...defeat the tyrant... "So does this mean I have to fight because just to warn you might right hook sucks" I plastered a grin to make it seem light-hearted but I think Nate sensed my reluctance. Come on who wants to go up against someone who would be equally happy to see you 6 feet under and probably has superior fighting skills.

"You will have to learn hand to hand combat but you have your magic as a weapon." God I really am an idiot of course I have magic.

"Anyways I'm freezing and hungry" just to prove its point my stomach rumbled, "Lets dry off and then we'll have to think about food."

Nate walked over to his horse and retrieved a medium size package. He opened it to reveal sandwiches, lots of sandwiches. "Food is served" he said with a huge grin plastered on his face.

I hastily grabbed a sandwich and stuffed it in my face. "Thanks" I mumbled around a huge mouthful of bread. Bet I looked so attractive right now.

Once I was all fed dried and watered I laid down on the uneven floor covering myself with cape. I could feel my eyelids getting heavy with exhaustion so I relaxed next to the burning embers of the fire. I looked over at Nate on the opposite side of the fire and felt a small smile appear on my face. I closed my eyes and sighed contentedly.

"Nate?"

"Yes Ari?"He replied in a voice thick with sleep.

"Thanks for saving me earlier" I whispered before rolling over so that I was facing away from him, letting sleep overtake me.

© Katherine Pocock 2009