Escape from Antoria Part 5

Umm, yea so next part, not much going on jus a bit of a filler.

Umm heres a links to the pics of what Ari and Nate should look like~~

Ari http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925021956/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/12/sarahb.jpg

Nate http://media.photobucket.com/image/boy%20dark%20hair%20dark%20eyes%20bad%20boy%20chiseled/RS_Davis/Celebrities/barry_watson_01.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5

I awoke to the bright early morning light that stabbed my eyes. I squinted until my eyes adjusted to the light and it became less painful. I glanced around me; Nate was sat next to his horse repacking the saddle bags. My body felt stiff so with a groan I sat up which caused Nate to look over in my direction.

"Morning sleeping beauty!" he said with a smile in his voice. Oh no. He's a morning person ... yuk.

"Morning" I mumbled reluctantly heaving myself off the ground. I rubbed my eyes to remove the effects of sleep and then dragged my feet over to where Nate sat. "So where are we headed today?"

"Umm I was thinking we could go into Moro to get some supplies and then we need to find the other members of the resistance." Ooh sounds fun ... not.

"Well I need you to take me to where you 'borrowed' that lighter, it might be the only way that I can get home" And it will get me one step closer to Blake so I can kill the man.

"Ok how about we go into Moro get some supplies because I'm hungry" To highlight the fact his stomach growled in protest. "And then we can go looking for the strange men." Strange men? ... I suppose is he had seen me wearing skinny jeans and converse he'd probably have a heart attack.

"Sounds good" I grabbed my cape of the floor and brushed off the leaves that had stuck to it before tossing it over my shoulders.

****** *******

As we approached the edge of town Nate paused and regarded me silently before pulling me closer to him and leaning down to whisper in my ear. "Don't let anyone see your tattoo and don't mention the magic ... to anyone." He finished with a stern tone that was unexpected he was usually so happy. I suppose that's what being hunted does to you.

"Don't worry I won't say anything, I know what happens to magicians that are caught, I did own a TV you know." Oh shit ... I slapped a hand over my mouth and watched as Nate expression kept changing.

Finally he spoke after what felt like hours. "What's a TV?" Oh not good, he probably shouldn't know about my world. Ah well chances are I'm probably going to die before I find Blake or the boats.

"It's a box with moving pictures; you watch programmes which are kind of like short plays and there's sound that comes out of it too." I tilted my head to the side. "If I ever make it back home I'll show you. Now come on, let's get going the sooner we find the strange men the sooner I find the way out."

With that I strolled ahead of Nate and into the bustling marketplace. The place was alive with sound, colour and smells; it is so much better than television. The stall owners were calling out to me as I passed to buy things from their stalls and the sweet aromas from the foot stalls drifted through the air. People bumped into me as the pushed towards the stall but were polite enough to call apologies over their shoulders. At least they're friendly.

Nate dragged me over to a stall that was selling soups and bought us each a bowl as well as a freshly baked loaf. We took our food to the fountain next the market and ate in silence. Once I'd eaten all of the soup I set the bowl down on the edge of the fountain. That soup was amazing.

I turned my head to see Nate staring at me in a way that made me get butterflies. Oh no, this can't be happening... can anyone say awkward!

I looked away as a blush crept onto my cheeks and began to scan the faces of the people in the market place. The silence was killing me so I decided to talk.

"Umm thanks for the food Na..."I trailed off as I caught a glimpse of someone familiar in the marketplace. He must have felt my gaze because he turned and spotted me and immediately started pushing through the people towards me. I t couldn't be. He came to a stop in front of me. Yep it was him. "Blake?"

© Katherine Pocock 2009