Escape From Antoria Part 39

Chapter 36

Guests were an understatement. Ryan and co had come with a small army. There were and even i can't believe I'm saying it, there were werewolves, fairies, a fallen angel, 2 mermaids (though they had legs, frankly I think they're faking), and a couple more humans with magic. Apparently they all want to help; I think they all just want to bail a sinking ship. Apparently there had been a ridiculous amount of 'natural disasters' earth side.

I wanted to know exactly how they could help but that was answered when the mermaids started playing around with the water in some huge fountain which to be honest I never knew existed until five minutes ago. Oh that's right, that's because it didn't exist. They literally created the water; someone had to hastily create a bloody stone bowl the size of my bedroom to keep the damn stuff in. It was fascinating though to watch them playing with the water, they said their third sister will be along soon she was just having fun enchanting some travellers with her voice. Yeah as you can imagine my eyebrows were well and truly disappearing at this point. Sounds more like a bloody siren than a mermaid to me but Aqua assured me that there is a big difference. They charm men for pleasure and of course to get pregnant where as sirens charm men to their deaths. I just hope number 3 doesn't come back knocked up; it would solve anything for anyone.

Nate had gone, who knows where to make battle plans with the other sorcerers. That meant I was stuck with giving rooms to everyone. I think the mermaids will appreciate the room with the huge en-suite bathroom, it more like a mini pool than a bath and it's also got doors that lead on to the pool which get's water, get this from the waterfall in that in between world. No idea how the builder managed that but apparently that's why it is rumoured to have healing qualities or something. I only learnt that part when I got a bit battered after a training session with one of the soldiers. Yeah I looked like i was a score card with the amount of scratches that lined my body and Nate being the overprotective husband that he is insisted I get in the water. It actually worked though because I was well and truly healed by the next day.

As you can tell my mind was just rambling through unnecessary facts in an attempt to keep me occupied, I know if I pause for more than 10 seconds I will start panicking and let me tell you that isn't a pretty sight. Let's just say last time I started a mini hurricane in the throne room. No idea how because weather is Holly's thing but I suppose it is just air and there were other elements involved in that little hurricane as the floor was a little scorched afterwards.

Nine days left until I see her again. I can't believe how grown up she is. She's 18 and look at me I'm only 20. Does anyone else feel weird about this? And my god my little girl was beautiful, like Goddess beautiful. I know for certain she doesn't get that from me. She was a gift from the Gods so I'm guessing that's the reasoning behind it but if I'm honest, I've got a feeling that Izzy or Cahira as the Avalians named her, will be the one to save us all. I don't know how I know this I just do.

"HELLO!!! IT'S AN EMERGENCY!!! HELLO WHERE IS THE KING? OR THE QUEEN? I NEED TO TALK TO THEM NOW IT'S AN EMERGANCY!!!" Some voice was shouting, getting louder as it got closer to me. I rushed towards the sound of the voice to come across a girl who looked about 18 but from fire engine red wings on her back it was obvious that it was more like 180.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her, grabbing her by the arms to stop her progress. Her skin was burning hot and the floor was smouldering beneath her but to me it felt strangely comforting even if I could feel the erratic emotions behind it.

"Are you the Queen?" She managed to get out between breaths.

"Yes I'm the queen, you said it was an emergency? What's going on?" I asked giving her a slight shake to draw her out of the panic that seemed to be radiating off her is waves of heat. She closed her eyes in an attempt to calm herself but it didn't seem to be working. "OK I need you to take deep breaths for me OK?" She nodded and tried to calm her breathing for a few more seconds before she gave up.