Escape From Antoria Part 32

Part 32 nothing special but I hope you enjoy it none the less :D

Chapter 31

I grabbed one of the swords off of one of the men and cut off the bottom part of my dress and then I cut a slit up the sides so that the dress was now just above my knees and I had enough room to move my legs without looking like a penguin.

"Ok, who's ready to kick some demon butt?!?" I said as I righted myself and handed the sword back to its owner. I received fierce growls of approval before everyone started charging towards the door. I followed behind tugging Nate with me.

I heard another cracking sound and a sound of eerie groaning and wailing as we reached the door to the courtyard... What the hell is that? I pushed a few of the people out of the way who had chosen to conveniently block the doorway.

I gasped at what I saw. There was a huge crack in the ground that ran the length of the courtyard but around the very spot where Nate and I had imprisoned the demons was now a huge gaping hole. The cage was now slowly lifting from the hole as the demon raised his hands. I could faintly hear the demon chanting but couldn't understand any of the words.

I waited from something to happen but the only difference was the sphere glowed brighter than before.

The demon screamed in frustration before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke and reappearing directly in front of me where he picked me up by my neck.

"Why isn't it working?!" He hissed. I didn't recognise the person it was possessing but he was ridiculously handsome not that it made much difference. My eyes began to blur as I clawed at the hand that held me off of the ground.

"I ...don't ...know!!" I shouted in between gasped but it only came out as a quiet whisper.

"Don't lie to me!!! I am one of the most powerful demons in existence and yet I cannot break this cage...tell me why or you shall die!!" The demon screeched at me as he dropped me to the floor where I gasped for breath.

"She doesn't know!!" Blake called out from behind me. I heard him grunt before he hobbled into view with his arm around Holly's neck. "The cage cannot be opened by demons or any other force for evil. It's kind of an insurance policy; only the touch of someone pure of heart can open it. And as for you demon, for you heinous acts here today, you too shall be imprisoned along with your brothers." With that Blake nodded at me. Nate, Holly and I all raised our hands at the same time and pushed the demon with all our might; wrapping him in string of power like that on the cage. As we pushed him the demon thrashed and cried out in rage.

"NO!! You won't trap me!!" The demon shot black clouds out of his hands which consumed the sphere and when it cleared again the sphere was gone. "You cannot trap me. The next time you see me the cage will be opened and you will all bow to me as the new apocalypse begins." With that the demon gave off an evil laugh and disappeared into a black mist.

I looked at Blake. "What do we do now?" I asked him. He took a deep breath and winced as he shifted nervously from foot to foot. He stared off after a second and his eyes began twitching as if they were watching something none of us could see.

"She's no longer in this world but on earth...I can't tell where...he purposely blocked her but even he doesn't know where she is...he's searching... he thinks she can open the sphere...she will be safe though... Rosmardin will protect her until she is ready to protect herself..." He trailed off.

"Protect who?" Sam butted in as he wiped the blood of his cheek.

"Isadora!!" He said before blinking rapidly and then focusing back on us. "All we can do is wait. The cage and Izzy are beyond our reach. I will go back to earth and try to find her because should she get into the hands of Malicious then we will all be in grave peril for it will kick start the apocalypse in both Antoria and earth." Blake shuddered. "Only a few will survive as all those who are not immune to the power of the demon magic will turn violent and bloodthirsty. This cannot happen; I will not let it happen. Nate and Ari as the king and queen you must remain here and protect the people for Malicious, he said he wouldn't return but I can guarantee he will try and cause as much trouble as possible, it is the way of the demons."

"I'll come with you if you wait until after my dad's funeral...I don't want to be on your own." Holly said as she shifted his weight on her shoulders. "And beside who's going to look after you whilst you heal."

Blake looked resigned as his eyes became unfocused once more. I watched as different emotions passed across his face and couldn't help but smile as his eyes widened whilst flicking towards Holly before his features softened and a delicate smile played on his lips. I know it's weird but I think Holly and him are perfect for each other, I still don't agree with it because she's my baby sister and he's 20? I really should ask his age I'm sure he told me a few times but I wasn't really listening. However, I know he will protect her and by the look on his face, will come to care for her greatly.

Blake snapped out of his trance state and smiled at Holly. "Fine, you can come but only if your mother agrees." At the mention of our mother both Holly and I dropped our smiles and fell into a more sombre state.

"Come on H. She needs us." I said before walking back into the castle.

© Katherine Pocock 2010