Escape From Antoria Part 34

part 34

Chapter 33

It has been a few months since Holly and Blake had disappeared through the portal and to say I missed them would be an understatement. They'd sent a message back saying they had discovered a demon who they knew had been charged to take Izzy but he had been slain by some unknown magic. Apparently it was pure earth magic. Whatever the hell that means. Riley and Maya have gotten close and you can really see the sparks between them. Will it work out well, I don't know but I'm hoping so, we need some happiness right now.

Nate and I have been extremely busy. That damn demon has been causing unbelievable amounts of havoc in the cities. He had destroyed some of the most important buildings in Antoria and had spread disease throughout the lower kingdom. To say it's been stressful would be a serious understatement.

Today however is going to be a day of rest and relaxation...well that's what Nate said but I don't know if I can believe him, these troubles just seem to follow us.

I waited in the lobby for Nate patiently, well it was patiently for the first half an hour now I'm pacing the floor because his lazy ass is taking too long.

"Sorry I just had to get the kitchens to make us some food." Nate said with an apologetic smile as he came through a door on the opposite side of the lobby from where I was stood. "Now come on there's something I want to show you." With that he walked over and grabbed my hand and then walked over to a wall in the lobby and as pushed in a brick which opened up another of the secret doors. "Make us some light Ari, I really don't want to trip and lose the food."

I didn't even think about it really and a ball of flames appeared in my hands. I split it in two and chucked the second one in the air. "There you go. Now can you please tell me where we are going?" I begged him. I've been doing this since I found out about the rest and relaxation day he planned but he never tells me anything apart from it's his favourite place to think and relax...like that helps.

I lost count of the number of turns we took and just followed behind Nate aimlessly. He eventually came to a white wall but this wall was different to the rest, instead of stone it was marble and was intricately carved and I'm guessing there is a door somewhere in it but I can't see it. The carving on the wall was beautiful, so realistic; I wish it was real because that place would be a beauty like no other. Nate swept his hand over a flower that was almost unnoticeable in carving but not now that my eye had been drawn to it I couldn't believe the detailing. Nate gently touched the flower and for a minute nothing happened and I was getting impatient.

"Nate are you sure this is the right-" I was cut off as the flower seemed to grow and the stem contorted until it create an intricate arch within the stone. That was bloody amazing. I don't think I'll ever get bored of magic.

"Right come on before the doorway closes again." Nate said grabbing my hand and pulling me to the arch. What the heck is he on about its bloody marble?!

"Nate. What the he-" I was cut off as he walked through the arch on the marble and disappeared from sight so that all that remained on this side is the hand still grasped around mine. Oh heck. I allowed him to pull me through and what I saw was incredible. I guess my wish came true because I saw an exact replica of the carving except this was the real version. It was even more beautiful than I imagine. The area was covered in trees and all kinds of exotic looking flowers but just ahead there was an opening which leads to a pool of water and a small water fall. "Wow." I said in a kind of dazed voice as I hungrily surveyed everything and anything.

Nate chuckled and continued to drag me forward towards the pool but turned to the right before we reached the water to a little grass clearing where a picnic blanket had been laid out. Nate let go of my hand and went over and set the basket down on the blanket before taking a seat. I quickly rushed over to join him.