Escape From Antoria Part 13

Part 13 Felt bad for not writing any of this one and writing loads of Truth or Dare. Not much happening just a bit of a filler whilst I think of what's going to happen next. Anyways vote and comment to let me know what you think.

Chapter 12

The next day I awoke as the sun began to splinter through the trees. I yawned as I stretched out my tense muscles. Sleeping on the ground was soo not doing me any favours. I looked around for Nate and saw that he was sound asleep not even a metre away. He looked kind of like a warrior angel with the markings on his face. Even so he looked beautiful.

I stared at his sleeping form before deciding its time he woke up so he can start lessons I'll need lots of practice if we are to stand a chance. I walked over to him and nudged him but he didn't even budge.

"Nate...Nate!...NATE!!" I shouted in his ear but he simply grunted and rolled onto his side. Oh no, you don't. I rolled him onto his back and then straddled him. Let's see if this will wake up sleeping beauty. I leant down and pressed my lips to his. I felt my lips tingle as they made contact and Nate immediately stirred. I pulled back as his eyes opened and smirked at the confused expression on his face.

"Wake up sleeping beauty; it's time for us to start training."

"Why are you waking me up so early?"

"Because we need to do lots of training because I don't want to die and I know you don't want me to either. So get up and you'll get another kiss. Fair?" His eyes lit up and this and he quickly pushed himself off the floor landing with a thud. Damn him.

Nate looked down at me with an amused smirk. "Well are you coming or not?" Damn him.

I quickly got up and brushed myself off. I then grabbed his hand and dragged him to the tree on the other side of the camp. I pushed for about a minute before we came to a clearing that was about half the size of a football pitch (soccer to Americans).

"I think this will do and we're still inside the boundary of their warning system so we shouldn't set it off." I said looking up at Nate. He just nodded his head as he glanced around quickly before facing me once again.

"It will do. Now I want to see what powers you have because I think there is a lot more than just fire with you." He looked deep in thought for a moment. "When we are kissing, your powers as well as mine seem to exhibit without thought. Maybe we should try that first." Is he seriously thinking we should kiss just so he can figure out my powers? I don't think so. "- Close your eyes Ari and think about all of the emotions you feel when we kiss." OH, I can do this.

I started thinking about our kiss and immediately I felt a tingling running up my arms from my fingers that seemed to spread throughout my whole body right down to my toes so that I felt that I was electrified. Wow it felt incredible.

"Ari...Stop." Nate said whilst spluttering. My eyes snapped open to see him there soaked down to the core. Oops. "It's not oops Ari you got me soaked" Hey, I didn't say that out loud did I? No I didn't.

Nate looked at me confused. "No you didn't say that out loud because your lips weren't moving and yet I still heard you." Whoa Nate's a mind reader. Oh crap this is not good, it's bad enough I'm in another world wearing clothes that aren't even my own stuck in the middle of a forest but now Nate can read my thought oh joy! Now nothing will be private like me talking to myself, like right now.

I looked up at Nate to see he had a huge smile plastered on his face that made him look beautiful as his whole face lit up. His grin suddenly got wider. Dammit.

"You heard that didn't you?"

"Yup." He said cheerily. "And I think I worked out your powers. You have fire, water and earth so im guessing you'll probably have air too. I'm guessing you're one of the most powerful mystics that there ever was...the elemental." Oooh sounds cool.

"If I'm and elemental what does that make you, a tele... something cos you can do telekinesis and you're a telepath."

"I don't know but still they're pretty cool." He had a huge grin on his face. "Right now I want you to see if you can do air. Close your eyes and do it again but think about air."

I did as he told me and I felt the tingling flow through my body. I then thought about air and was pleasantly surprised when my hair began whipping round my face. I opened my eyes and saw Nate with a huge grin on his face.

"I guess you got that one down. We probably need to work on controlling your powers, making them do whatever you want but at least we know what you can do. Okay lets get on to self defence. I want you to punch me."

I raised my eyebrow at him. Is he serious? "You want me to punch you?"

"Yep." Have it your way.

I curled my hands into fists then threw them at Nate. Before I came into contact with his face he caught my wrist and examined my fists." Not bad just make sure you don't flick your elbow when you punch as that might cause you more damage the person you are hitting and make sure you keep your thumb out, if you tuck it in then you might break it but other than that you're ok." I smiled.

"So what do we do first?" Nate just got a big grin on his face.

"We need to fitness so you're going to do laps."I groaned. I swear he's doing this on purpose.

"No I'm doing what you asked for... to train you to be ready for battle."

I huffed. "Fine." I was just about to run laps when he pulled me back by the arm.

"I want my payment you promised me a kiss." He said with a smug grin on his face.

I smiled. "You're right I did." I leant towards him and he did the same closing his eyes. At the last minute I turned my face to the side and kissed him on the cheek. "There you go paid in full.

He grumbled and stormed off back to camp whilst I began to run laps. I chuckled to myself, it serves him right.

© Katherine Pocock 2009