Escape From Antoria Part 10

Okay part 10 nothing amazing but ah well lol hope you like it vote and comment to let me know what you think.

Chapter 9

The leader of the men who found Nate and I stepped forward and addressed everyone. "Listen up we've got two more joining us for the time being. They're one of us."

"But Sam we shouldn't just let strangers in. Don't you know who that man is. She said pointing to Nate." Oh crap.

"What are you saying?" He boomed. She was about to speak but Nate cut her off.

"I am the late Prince Nathaniel or should I say lost Prince." Everyone mouth in the camp dropped into identical 'O'. Two of the men who escorted us to the camp stepped forward to subdue Nate but he simply held up his hand and they were forced backwards by an invisible force. "Look my father would kill me just as quickly as he'd kill one of you probably even more so if he found out that me and Ari here are the ones from the prophesy." This caused all of them to gasp.

The leader shut him mouth then shot us oth a challenging look. "Prove it."

I looked at Nate.

"Show them"

He and I pulled off our outer clothing so that I was once again only in my tunic and Nate was topless. I lifted up the back of my shirt and at the same time as Nate we turned so that our backs were facing them and they could see our matching tattoos.

"It's true. They wear the mark of the mystics." An elderly man was gazing at our marks intently. All the members of the camp looked back and forth between Nate and I and the old man. Then suddenly excited whisperings erupted from the group. Ok then, at least someone's happy to see us. We both put our clothes back on and I finshed my putting on my cape and pulling up the hood> Alll these stares were beginning to freak me out.

"If we have the first two of the trinity then we only need to find the third though who they are and where to find them is another matter." Did they just say trinity? What the hell is that?

"Umm what's this trinity that I'm meant to be part of? I mean one minute I'm happily going about my life then someone pays me money to do research, I get stuck in this place, get told I've got powers and that I'm meant to save everyone blah, blah, blah. Anyone else here feel like their head is going to explode because I do!!" I began panting trying to regain my breath. I glanced at everyone around me but they all had their mouths hung open in shock. "What?"

It was the old man who spoke. "You do not seem to know about the destiny that awaits you but never mind I will fill you in on what I know but I must warn you this is just one of the many interpretations of the prophesy, it was after all made 300 years ago. I gulped. 300 years and they follow it as if it was a bible. These people are deluded. "One thing I know for certain is that you two are indeed part of the trinity of mystics that was mention because of your markings. I think I've got it somewhere..." He began searching through his bags. "...Ah, here we are..." He handed me a small and thin leather bound book.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" He chuckled then nodded towards the book.

"That is one of the surviving copies of the prophesy. It's mostly written in Ancient Antorian but most has been translated but if you look on page 5 you will see that it has the designs of your markings." I flicked to the page and sure enough there were drawing of out markings and on the opposite page there was a picture of even more beautiful and intricate markings. Wow. "As you can see some of it has been translated but you can get the general idea of it."

I thumbed through the pages until I came to the front of the book. I saw symbols and then written underneath was neat script in English. Still think its weird a different realm and they speak English. I looked at the symbols and somehow felt entranced. I focused on the words and then shook my head. "Umm you've translated it wrong."

"And how would you know that young lady that book was translated by an expert in Ancient Antorian language." The old man replied a slight edge to his tone. Ooh touchy.

"Well he needs to go back to school and re learn the language because that symbol doesn't mean King it means sorcerer. So instead of the dark and powerful King who sits on the throne, it's the dark and powerful sorcerer who sits on the throne." They all just gaped at this.

"How do you know this?" Ryan asked from beside me. OK didn't notice him standing there before.

"I don't know." I said whilst unconsciously rubbing my head. "I just do. Oh and by the way there is more than one prophesy in this book by the looks of it but I'm guessing the person who translated it got confused. The first part is kind of like a story. It tells of how a dark sorcerer who is also a King became afraid when after executing the daughter of a prophet he was told by the grieving woman that he would be killed by the 3, the mystic trinity. He then set a proclamation that banished all those within Antoria that had magical powers. If they were not gone in 7 days they would be hunted down and executed."Okay, even I'm a bit freaked out, how the hell can I be reading this? I've never seen symbols like these before in my life.

"When it mentions the trinity it's really unclear, it just talks about a bunch of numbers... when the two become one the third will swiftly follow or something strange like that. So I'm guessing now that Nate and I are together the third part of the trinity won't be that hard to find." I closed the book and handed it back to the old man suddenly feeling a bit dizzy. I think I concentrated a bit too hard on them silly old words.

I must have stumbled because next thing I know I'm being held by Nate, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist and my head was pressed into his chest.

"Are you alright Ari? He said his voice full of concern. I tilted my head up so that I could look at his face but his head had tilted down at the same time and our lips brushed. Nate quickly pulled his head away in surprise but a million emotions flashed through me at once. It felt so different to anything I'd felt before. The tingle I felt on my lips even though his had touched mine for barely a second, the warmth flooding my veins and the feeling deep in my soul that this was right, this was home.

Before I could stop myself I reached my hand up and grasped Nate's chin pulling his lips back to mine and kissed him with as much passion and emotion that I could put into one kiss. Nate immediately responded hugging me closer to his chest and his hand pulling down my hood so that my hair came tumbling out. He trailed his tongue across my bottom lip begging for entrance which left a trail of fire. I allowed him entrance and as our tongues began to explore each other's mouths in a way that left my legs weak and my head light as the strange emotions flooded me.

All of a sudden I felt heat encompass me and Nate and the flickering lights as if we were standing in fire but the strange thing was it didn't burn. Me and Nate were totally engrossed in the kiss until we were snapped out of it by panicked voices.

"Oh My God, they're going to die! they're on fire!" Came the voice of some woman at the edge of the camp. Nate and I immediately pulled apart our eyes snapping open to see who was in danger. What we saw though was not what we expected.

All of the members of the camp surrounded us with fearful eyes, their faces flashing in the red and orange and yellow light of the fire that encompassed me and Nate. Wait that means Nate and I are the ones on fire. Why aren't we burning?

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and concentrated on getting rid of the fire. It eventually shrunk until it was a footbal sized orb floating in front of me. I tried to make it go out but it just wouldn't. Suddenly it split in two and then hurtled towards Nate and me. Oh crap this can't be good.

© Katherine Pocock 2009