Escape from Antoria Part 21

Part 21 enjoy!!!

Chapter 20

We all spent the day preparing for the battle. Luckily for me, I was rewarded with new clothes, I looked like a proper warrior though they decided to give me body paint so now I look exactly like Keira Knightly in that film 'King Arthur'. I didn't bother much with weapons apart from a pair of daggers, one attached to each thigh. My hair was messily tied up and I had a thin piece of leather that wound around my wrist and up my arm and a matching strip of leather around my neck. To say i looked bad ass would be an understatement.

Holly was also dressed like me but a more conservative version which I'm grateful for because the young sorcerers in camp had already been eyeing her up, stupid perverts. I pressed Isadora to my chest and rocked her back and forth and we slowly made our way to the capital where the Kings castle was situated.

I could feel the nerves pulsing through me and the wind that seemed to whip around me as if in a comforting embrace. We'd left everything we didn't need at the camp because it would have been too heavy to carry it all and we needed to get to the capital before the king was fully organised. I can't help but think though, what if it's a trap? What if he knows we are coming?

After 4 hours of walking the trees of the forest began to thin and the sound of the bustling towns began to float towards us in a low hum. I think I felt the castle before I saw it. I suddenly felt this darkness that filled me with dread and hopelessness. I heard Holly gasp but that's to be expected as one of her abilities is that of an empath, so if I can feel it then I can only imagine it's a hundred times worse for Holly. I grasped her hand and she sighed with relief. Yeah well I was putting out some strong emotions right now; Love, contentment, joy... yeah I have fear and other bad emotions but for the sake of Holly I am focusing on the good ones.

As the last of the trees disappeared I couldn't help but gasp at the sight of the castle in the centre of the city. It kind of looked like the Disney castle but cloaked in darkness and shadows that gave it that eerie feeling. Sam called us back and we retreated back into the line of the trees so we wouldn't be spotted.

"You know the plans. You blend in with the people." Sam said tossing Holly and I some cloaks to cover our warrior attire. "Meet us at the gates of the castle. Team one you will take down any guards, don't be quick on the trigger there could be innocents inside and we don't want unnecessary death." A few people nodded at this. "Team 2 you will create shields for the trinity and will clear the path to the throne room in the castle. I have a feeling that's where we will find the King. Good luck everyone and remember we only have one shot at this." With that Sam slung an arm around Ingrid's waist and walked towards the busy streets and disappeared into the crowds.

I pulled up the hood of the cloak so that my face was in shadows and Nate did the same next to me. Well I think people would stare if they could see the amount of tattoo's covering our bodies. The rest of the group split up and entered into the city from various points but all immediately blending in with the crowd.

Well here we go. I grasped Nate's hand and tugged him towards the city my heart pounding a mile a

minute. I could feel the elements stir so I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

As we entered the crowds I was overwhelmed but the various smells and sounds that came at me from all directions. The streets were fairly clean for a place that had no plumbing and no electricity. I could see the channel down the centre of the street which made me retch from the foul smells emanating from it but I could see the genius of it because these channels only appeared on every couple of streets and they all seemed to be connected together in a huge maze that flowed out of town into the waste pit.