Moving In

AN: Here's the next chapter! Enjoy. Drama is gonna start up soon.

>|<>|<>|<

Edward smiled widely at my words.

"Excellent," he said. "Though you know this means divulging your secret. I know you're not human. You're faster than normal heartbeat and temperature stands out." He quirked an eyebrow at me and tilted his head, as if listening.

"I could say the same about you, knowing about my heartbeat and temperature." At that moment I wondered just exactly what he was.

I decided on something that could very well put my life in danger. I would be risking everything by this. I was going to tell them my secret as long as they told me theirs. A deal breaker. And maybe, just maybe, I'd gain something invaluable. Family.

I grabbed my pack and looked at Edward expectantly.

"Lead the way oh fearless leader, because I'm pretty sure some of your family won't be happy with me moving in," I warned him.

"I'm aware of that," Edward muttered, before leading the way outside.

"Finally. What took you so long? Oh and welcome, Bella," Alice said with a grin.

I narrowed my eyes at Alice. How did she know about the conversation Edward and I had? I turned to my bike, but Alice stopped me by grasping my upper arm. Her hand was freezing! I looked up at her.

"Forget about the bike. The owner is looking for it and it will cause complications at school," she murmured with a sly look on her face.

"Alright," I said, shocked about Alice's tone.

"Great," Alice said and smirked. "We are going to be the best of friends!"

I wasn't too sure how I felt about that. A friend would be great but did I really want to tie myself down? I didn't know so instead I avoided the topic.

I knew what their house looked like. I'd seen it while flying toward the cottage. But it still didn't change the fact that I didn't know them and now I was living with them. I was wary about this whole thing.

As we walked toward their house I considered what I'd do. I'd try and get to know them, and I'd tell them my secret in exchange for theirs. I hoped they'd accept. After all, I had nothing. Nothing but the clothes on my back.