Prologue

*Celestia*
I look at the doctor with utter confusion painted on my face, mirroring what I fell on the inside. "Pregnant ? But I can't be pregnant, it is just not possible. I know that and you know that ... we both know that".

"I know you were told that your chances were very slim, almost none, but that doesn't mean that it is impossible. You have been very lucky". The doctor looks at me over the rim of his glasses. "A small miracle almost".

I shake my head in disbelief. "No, no, I am not only talking about that doctor. I haven't had sex for more than six months ... more like seven actually. If I was pregnant I should be about to give birth. I should definitely be showing".

"Well that doesn't make any sense, when did you get your last check up at the clinic ?" He scrolls through my journal on his screen. At least he looks equally confused now.

I breathe in deeply, it would be a miracle if I am actually pregnant, in more than one way. "Just about eight weeks ago. I was told everything looked perfect then".

"Well we better call them. We need to get you in for a scan, because you are pregnant. The test can show a false negative but not a false positive". He says picking up the phone.

Five minutes later I am on my way to the clinic to get an emergency scan. I am honestly still thinking it has to be a mistake, there is no way I can be pregnant. But a small part of me is also panicking ... What if I somehow am pregnant ?

First thing, I have been told I only have about a ten percent possibility of getting pregnant naturally, after having surgery and radiotherapy for cervical cancer. I had of course been devastated about it as I always wanted kids, but at least I am alive and cancer free.

And then there is the sex thing, as I haven't had sex with anyone since my last boyfriend left me a little more than six months ago and as I do not have a big round belly, well there is no way I can be pregnant.

As I arrive at the clinic, I am met by my regular doctor. And I tell her with a grin. "Well we better clear this up. I went to my GP, because I have some virus that makes me throw up, but he has this weird idea that I am pregnant, but I can't be".

"We better go get you checked out sweetie, come with me here". The doctor walks down the hallway and into a room and I follow her, thinking that soon we can laugh about this together.

I lay down on the gurney and pull up my shirt. The doctor puts some gell on my stomach and then starts to scan, not saying a word, but looking intently on the screen, which makes my nerves peak.

"Celestia, I don't really know how to tell you this, but your doctor was right, you are pregnant. Just about eight weeks along with, what so far, looks like a healthy baby". The doctor says with a small smile. "It is almost a miracle".

I shake my head, looking at the doctor. "But how ? You said I shouldn't expect to get pregnant and besides that I haven't had sex for over six months".

The doctor seems to flush slightly and she sighs. "I have been looking through the journals while I waited for you to come over. I am afraid that the young doctor, who looked at you the last time you were in here, well he made a mistake. He switched the papers with another patient and ... well, he inseminated you".

A mistake ? You can say that again, my mind screams. It is a miracle, but how can I  do this alone ? And who the hell is the father ?