Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Angelina's Point of View:

“I’m gonna go home for a bit just to shower and change,” I told Drew later that afternoon “I’ll be back in an hour max! Okay?”

“Stay at home. Rest and sleep there tonight then you can come back tomorrow morning when I have to leave,” he replied.

“Nope,” I said, shaking my head “I just need a shower.”

“I’m serious—” He started and I cut him off.

“Shut up, Drew,” I snapped, playfully glaring at him. “It’s none of your business anyway.”

He stared at me incredulously and I chuckled.

“Do you guys want to go home too?” I asked Lee and Liam.

“We’ll go when you come back that way he won’t be left alone,” Lee said and Liam nodded in agreement.

“Yeah okay,” I answered.

“You don’t have to stay with me, you know,” Drew said, rolling his eyes at us. I pinched his cheek and he grimaced. I laughed at his face and let go of his cheek.

I gasped when I suddenly remembered something. Their three gazes focused on me.

“Trent!” I exclaimed “I have to tell Trent!”

They gave me confused looks but I didn’t pay them any attention. “I’ll be back soon!” I called as I rushed out of the room.

I went to the cafeteria where Trent was and when he saw me, he grinned at me.

“He’s awake!” I exclaimed, beaming at him.

“Really? Angelina, this is great!” He gave me a hug and I smiled. I know it’s probably weird to hug someone you just met but I felt as if he understood me right now. His words earlier were what kept me from breaking down. It’s weird how I felt as if I have known Trent for a long time. I’m really glad he was here because I really needed him.

“Thank you, Trent. Thank you for helping me. I’m glad I met you,” I said truthfully.

“You’re welcome, Angelina,” he said “I hope to never see you in the hospital again.”

I chuckled. “I hope so too.”

We talked a bit for a while before I excused myself and walked out of the hospital. The sun was not high in the sky anymore but the weather was still hot. I hailed a cab and gave the driver my address.

“Thank you,” I told the driver and gave him the money he needed when I got home. I went up to my bathroom and took a quick bath.

It felt refreshing to take a cool shower on such a hot day. I put on a pair of black shorts and a white off the shoulder top. I combed my wet hair and slipped on my shoes, not bothering with any makeup, before I left the house again.

I reached the hospital ten minutes later. I glanced at my watched and grinned. It’s been 55 minutes since I left Drew’s room. Perfect timing, I thought as I walked the now familiar hallway to his room.

“Did you miss me?” I exclaimed as I opened Drew’s door. They all stopped talking and stared at me for a few seconds. Drew’s laughter broke the silence but I noticed that the other two brothers still had a focused look on their faces.

“Sure,” he replied, smirking at me and I simply rolled my eyes at him.

“What’s up?” I said as I sat back in the chair “What were you talking about?”