Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Angelina's Point of View:

As soon as I woke up the next morning, the events came rushing back and I felt the pain all over again. I sighed. I barely slept but I didn’t get out of my bed. Sleep is the best cure in that condition but I can’t stay in bed all day. It’s already 11:00a.m.

But then again, it’s my house and my summer so I can stay in bed all day. I can do whatever I want. And honestly I don’t feel like going out of bed.

But if I didn’t, the brothers would notice that something is wrong. They will know something is up and they are smart enough to figure it out.

How did this happen? I asked myself as I went out of bed and walked the short distance to my toilet. Why do I like him? Sure he’s hot and all but from the moment I saw him, I knew he was a player.

He’s a bit different from any other player, I noticed. But that doesn’t make him any better. He’s just a player with a mysterious story.

Why didn’t I like another brother? Why him? Why not Lee? Why not Liam? All those questions gave me a headache in the morning and I decided to just put them all aside for later and see how the day turns out.

What’s the worst that could happen? That was the question I always repeat to myself when I’m in a situation like this or when I want to take a risk.

Besides, I have always been the different girl. I always make fun of the girls who cry over a boy. I have never been heartbroken before. I have always been the optimistic one that’ll probably never experience heartbreak.

But here I am, crying because a guy doesn’t like me back. It’s not even love! I only like him and it hurt that much. I feel like such a hypocrite right now.

I should’ve been doing like every normal girl would do in that case. I should spend a day in bed while eating ice-cream and watching sad movies or chick flicks.

That’s what I should be doing. But what I am doing now is going down the stairs reluctantly, not wanting the face one particular brother.

It reminded me of a girl I used to be friends with when I was a kid since she was my neighbor. Her name was Maya and she used to say: ‘one step forward and ten backwards’. It was a saying she used to describe situations like this where a person is reluctant to go forward.

 I stopped in the middle of the staircase and frowned at my thoughts. I haven’t thought about Maya since forever and it was an irrelevant topic. What the hell is wrong with my brain? Why am I thinking about her now? Am I that desperate to get my mind off him?

I shook my head to clear all these disturbing thoughts and then I took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen where I could hear the brothers’ voices.

“Good morning,” I gave myself an internal high five when my voice came out cheerful and happy just like it always is.

“Hey,” Liam grinned.

“Good morning,” Lee answered, smiling slightly.

Drew didn’t reply, I noticed but I acted as if I didn’t.

“Last night was fun,” Liam brought up the topic I was dreading the most. I felt my eyes go wide slightly but I quickly changed my reaction to a normal blank one. I hope no one noticed though.

“Yeah,” I nodded trying to shift the subject slightly so that it doesn’t come to that kiss “And that reminds me, Lee why didn’t you answer the first question?”