Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Angelina's Point of View:

“Lee is my first serious boyfriend.” Mia blushed when she said those words. We were all sitting around the campfire now, saying our secrets. Nate and his stupid ideas, I thought as Lee thought of his secret.

“I thought I was going to hate Angelina but I was so wrong,” Lee admitted looking a bit embarrassed. I laughed and waved a scolding finger at him.

“You shouldn’t judge people so fast,” I mock-scolded him and he chuckled.

“Sorry,” he said and I waved him off. It didn’t matter what he thought back then, he didn’t know me. I judged them too fast too, especially Drew.

“Your turn Tia,” Nate announced and the blond twin looked a bit hesitant.

“I think I have a crush on one of the guys,” she said in a low voice and I smirked. I knew she was talking about Liam.

Liam didn’t let anyone say anything. He blurted out, “I have a crush on Tia.”

Her eyes widened at she stared at him. He blushed and looked away.

“Awww,” I cooed “I guess this game is not so bad after all.”

“Just wait till we get to your turn,” Jack said, sending me a cheeky grin. I gulped, raking my brain for a secret.

Tia and Liam kept looking at each other and blushing as I quietly laughed to myself.

“I met a girl,” Greg said “And she’s pretty awesome.”

“Who is it?” I asked quickly “And why didn’t you invite her to come camping?”

“She’s my new neighbor and I wasn’t sure you guys would like that…” he trailed off looking sheepish.

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes at him “I’m meeting her as soon as possible.”

He chuckled and nodded. “Sure.”

I grinned. There were a lot of couples this summer.

“I’m jealous of my older brother,” Jack said hesitantly and my eyes widened in surprise.

“Why?” Nate asked.

“He’s smart, he got a scholarship to Yale, and he’s all my parents talk about. I mean come on guys you all know I can never beat that. Yale? Seriously?”

 “You don’t have to beat that,” I said softly “You are not your brother.”

“But my parents like him better because he’s smarter…”

“No they don’t!” I said fiercely “He’s good at sciences and math and you’re good at sports. You can get a scholarship for your football skills. And as I remember, your brother sucked at sports. He couldn’t even dribble a ball!”

“Yeah he still can’t,” Jack said cracking a smile “I guess your right…”

“I am right!” I said confidently “Not only books make you awesome.”

“So you think I’m awesome?” He asked, proudly.

“Yeah but don’t get too cocky,” I teased and he laughed.

“Thanks,” he finally said, smiling at me “You always know what to say.”

I smiled back. I’m glad I could comfort my friends like that.