Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Angelina's Point of View:

I smiled slightly when I noticed that the guys had left the room to give my dad and I some privacy. When I finally got my dad to stop apologizing, we were able to talk normally.

“You have a beautiful voice princess,” daddy said.

“Thanks,” I replied “I can play the piano too. I’ll play for you some time.”

“I’d love to hear you play,” he said, smiling at me and I just had to hug him.

“I haven’t gotten drunk ever since that night,” he whispered after a moment of silence and my eyes widened in shock.

“W-what?” I stuttered. My first instinct was that he was lying but when I looked into his eyes I knew he was being sincere.

“I am not heartless but I couldn’t find it in me to look at you after that incident because of the guilt that would eat me up. You can’t even begin to imagine how guilty I feel when I look at your picture in my office,” he confessed, tears brimming his eyes.

“You still have a picture of me in your office?” I croaked.

“Of course,” he replied, hugging me tightly.

“I love you daddy,” I said, my voice slightly muffled.

“I love you too princess.”

That morning dad cooked breakfast for us all and I felt like I was a kid again. A happy kid. And I loved it.

The brothers were really happy for me – especially Drew whom I had to thank. We ate out breakfast and dad kept on asking me things about my life trying to make up for all that happened during the years he wasn’t there.

“How’s Nate?” he suddenly asked me “That boy had a crush on you. I’m sure of it.”

I saw Drew tense and I held in a laugh.

“We’re still the same best friends we were years ago,” I replied.

“You didn’t date?” dad asked, surprised.

“Nope,” I answered “But he admitted that he had a crush on me before.”

I couldn’t stop the smile that formed on my lips as Drew’s hands clenched and his blue eyes turned cold. He was so jealous!

“He still does?” dad inquired.

“No, not anymore.”

“I think that’s a lie,” Dad said “I think he still likes you. You should date him.”