Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Angelina's Point of View:

Around 8:00p.m, darkness was slowly settling and it was time to start the fire. Nate, Greg, and Jack worked on the fire as I changed into more comfortable clothes.

We had a late lunch so we weren’t really hungry. We just ate two bags of chips and two bags of chocolate chip cookies around the campfire.

I had flashbacks of the previous years when we used to camp here. I remembered us when we were younger, sitting around the fire, chatting about stupid things. I can’t believe how fast time passes. It seems like it was only yesterday we came on our first camp here.

This year, the brothers were with us so it was a bit different from all the other years. I looked around and saw Mia and Lee smiling at each other, Tia and Liam laughing… And that is when I noticed that having the brothers here is a good thing and not a bad one.

Nate wrapped his arm around my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. I tilted my head up to smile at him and he flashed me a smile.

“What are you thinking Shorty?” He asked.

I looked into his bright eyes and smiled slightly.

“Do you remember all the previous years we came here?” I asked. A smile formed on his lips and he nodded.

“I remember them all clearly.” He squeezed me a bit tighter before continuing. “We’ve grown up so much. I never thought we’d make it this far.”

“Me too. The first time we came here, I didn’t even think it was possible for us to come back every single year,” I admitted.

He nodded in agreement.

“Time passes way to fast,” he sighed.

“True. Soon we will all be seniors…” I trailed off.

“And then college,” he said.

Silence surrounded us as we got lost in our own thoughts.

I can’t believe that I’m not a little kid anymore. Next year is senior year and it will be over as fast as the previous year. Then college… I don’t know why but the thought of college scares me and at the same time it gets me excited.

“Can we sing?” Nate asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Can we do that later?” I asked “I want to go watch the stars from the lake.”

Every year, I would go sit next to the lake and watch the stars from there because it is the place where I can see them most clearly and I absolutely love watching the stars.

“Do you want to come?” I asked as I stood up. He opened his mouth to speak but he was cut short when someone else spoke.

“No he can’t come,” Jack’s voice startled me “We need his help with our tent. It needs a bit of fixing.”

“Oh okay,” I nodded.

Nate gave me an apologetic look and I waved him off. I started walking alone to where the lake was. I took my cell phone with me in case I needed some light.

“Where are you going?” I jumped at the sound of Drew’s voice.

“I’m going to watch the stars,” I said.

He surprised me by saying, “Can I join you?”

I blinked at him. “U-um sure.”

He smiled slightly but there was something off.