Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Angelina's Point of View:

“I’m bored,” Liam whined. We were all sitting lazily in the T.V room doing nothing.

“I’m bored,” Lee whined too.

“I’m bored,” Drew said.

“I’m bored.”

“I’m bored.”

“I’m bored.”

The brothers kept on saying this all over again one after the other until I finally lost it.

“Stop! Stop! Shut up!” I snapped at them. My fists were clenched and my face was red because of the anger.

They all burst out laughing as I glared at them. They are so annoying!

“I’m gonna go get the box of game ideas,” I suggested as soon as the idea came to my mind. I stood up and stretched a bit.

“I’ll get it,” Drew said as he jumped off the couch.

“No! I said before you!” I exclaimed.

“But I want to get it,” he whined.

Are we seriously that bored? We sound like five year olds.

“No!” I finally took off. I ran upstairs but I could hear his footsteps behind me as he got closer. I wasn’t as fit as I was before, I noticed.

I haven’t gone for a run in the morning ever since the summer started, I thought. I used to go every day before school. I made a mental note to go running tomorrow morning. Even though it’s hot outside, an early morning run is refreshing. Sometimes Nate would join me but most of the times he’s lazy so I go on my own.

My thoughts were interrupted when I tripped on the last stair. I let out a yelp as my eyes closed tightly and my hands spread in front of me waiting for the fall. But that fall never came.

Yep you guessed it. That cliché fall again where Drew wrapped his arms around my waist and stopped me from colliding with the ground.

“Thanks,” I breathed out. My heart was still racing because of the almost fall.

He just smirked at me and I narrowed my eyes at him. Then I remembered why I was running in the first place and I sprinted to my room. He ran after me but I was the one who reached my room first.

The box was in the top closet. I knew I couldn’t reach it without standing on a chair but I wanted to get it before him so I tried. I stood on my tiptoes but I wasn’t able to reach it. I huffed in annoyance. Why did I have to be that short?

“Move, I’ll get it,” Drew said with a knowing smirk on his face.

“No, I can get it,” I told him even though I knew that it wasn’t possible.

I am a stubborn person so I kept on trying. My arm was hurting me but I didn’t stop trying. I finally heard Drew sigh and without warning, his body pressed against mine. My eyes widened slightly and my heart sped. I could feel every inch of his muscular body pressed against my back. I looked up at his arm as he easily reached for the box.

I had stopped breathing by now.

He placed the box on the wooden desk without moving away from me. He then placed his hands on the desk, trapping me. My heart started beating even faster, faster than what I thought was possible. He pressed his body more firmly and I bit my lower lip.