Her Lost Identity [22] ~ Reminiscing of Old Times

Sorry for the long wait guys but it's finally here! I hope you enjoy the chapter as much as I did writing it.

Chapter 22

When we arrived at the restaurant, the smell of tasty food travelled up my nostrils. I could hear glasses being tapped together as if people were doing toasts. The lights on the ceiling made the room glow, too. It looked great!

After we had sat at our table, a petit Asian girl came over to greet us. Her black and white uniform complimented her shiny brunette hair that had been tied up into a neat bun. In her small, thin hands she held two menus.

“Hey, Nate!” the perky waitress said with a huge grin on her face. “The last time I saw you was at school! How’s things been?”

“Nina! I didn’t know you worked here. Oh and things have been great,” Nate looked at me and smirked making my cheeks burn. “How about you, Nina? How’ve you been?”

“Good I guess. Just been here most of summer working for my parents,” she told him, grinning quite widely. You would have thought working for your parents wouldn’t be so much fun. “It’s actually great because they pay me and I don’t really do anything else than take orders.”

“Cool. Uh, Nina, this is Lilian. Lilian and I are dating,” he told her, a proud smile on his face as he showed me off.

“Clearly,” she chuckled slightly but not in any way mean. She seemed quite nice, down to earth, actually. “So, I’m taking you and Mel broke up?”

“Yeah, a lot has changed,” he told her but no regret flashed in his eyes. I secretly smiled at myself at his pride.

“Well, Lilian, nice to meet you,” she said, still grinning through her perfectly white teeth. “Here are your menus. Just call me back if you need anything.”

Nathan and I smiled at her and thanked her before she stalked off and greeted customers who had just walked in.

“Do you know what’s funny?” I looked up Nathan who had looked over his menu to make contact with me. He gave me a questioning look. “If I had stayed, not left, I would most probably know that girl. I think we would have been good friends, she seems nice. And I would have probably known Jake and the boys. Melissa, too.”

“Mm,” he murmured. “It’s true.”

“What’re you having?” I asked Nate who was scanning through the menu like I was. It was probably a dumb question seeing as he had most probably not chosen what he was to order yet. “I mean, if you’ve chosen.”

“Uh... I don’t know what half the things here are so I think I’m just going to stick to sweet and sour chicken,” Nate informed, a warm smile playing on his lips. “You?”

“Me too. Do you think they have fries?” I asked but not so long after regretted it, remembering this was a Chinese cuisine. I chuckled lightly and said, “Forget I asked that.”

“They actually do but they’re not any good,” he told me before waving slightly at Nina. She stalked over, a huge grin on her face, notepad in hand and ready to take our order.

“What would you guys like?” she asked.

Once we had ordered our food, Nina brought us over some soda. In the meantime whilst waiting for our food, we spoke about some of the most memorable memories we had from when we were younger and trust me, there’s many as me and Nate were inseparable.