Her Lost Identity [6] ~ Banana-Mc-Berry

Okay, here's chapter 6! I hope you like it! I've dedicated this to Kerri-Louise for her awesome comments of support(: 

 The beautiful cover on the side there was made by misslalaland23, hit her up and tell her how awesome it is!(: 

Chapter 6

After Nathan’s band practice, Nathan, Melissa, Jess, Jake and I went for some smoothies. Lewis, David and Michael said they’d pass as they didn’t quite like smoothies. Who didn’t like smoothies? I mean, come on. Even I wasn’t really looking forward to going as Jake will be charming Jess with his charm however I couldn’t deny my love for Banana-Mc-Berry, my all time favourite ever since I was younger. That was definitely something I had missed over these four years! My reasons for not looking forward to it much was that Nathan and Melissa would just be playing tonsil tennis and Jake would be charming Jess with his ‘famous smirk’ that happened to come up in a conversation earlier. Turns out, boys from Ohio are not much different to the ones in California.

“What smoothie would you like, Jess?” Jake asked, flaunting his charm about, leaving Jess speechless and her mouth gaping.

“She’ll have the same as me, Banana-Mc-Berry,” I informed him. Jake nodded briefly and let out a chuckle, he knew his game was working. Jess gave me a look as if to say ‘thank you’. Meanwhile, Nathan and Melissa were making out over at our table, Jake insisted to order our smoothies alone but Jess wanted to go along with and I most certainly did not want to be front seat in the audience of a make out session.

Once we had our smoothies, Jess, Jake and I made our way back over to our table. Thankfully, Melissa and Nathan broke apart and were now more interested in their smoothies rather than each other’s tongues. Unsurprisingly, Nathan ordered a strawberry smoothie, which had always been his favourite, ever since 2nd grade, ever since Nathan and I went there for the first time. The only thing that filled my ears was the sound of slurping, which I was in fact comfortable with. That is until Jake found something to say.

“Jess, my mum’s not going to be home tomorrow. Would you like to come over and I could show you some of the CDs I told you about earlier?” he proposed, wriggling his eyebrows about. My eyes shifted to Jess who looked somewhat assumed. She didn’t pull away from her straw, she just simply nodded. Ugh, thanks a lot Jess. What would I do tomorrow then?

As if reading my mind, Nathan said “Mel and I are going to the movies tomorrow, you could come with?”

“Uh, if that’s okay with you,” I mumbled, motioning toward Melissa, barely pulling away from my smoothie.

“No, that’s fine by me! As long as you don’t mind listening to Paramore in the car, you should totally come with us!” she beamed, obviously more excited than I was. I was sort of hoping she’d say no because now I’m going to have to watch a movie with a couple that happen to make out at every corner but I’d rather that then be stuck at home with nothing to keep me entertained.

We all finished our smoothies and with that, we went our separate ways. Jess and I went back to my mums, Nathan and Melissa went back to Nathan’s and Jake went home by himself. On our way back, Jess couldn’t stop going on about how hot Jake was.

“I think I’m going to sleep with him,” Jess told me letting off a cheeky but sincere smile. Was she serious?

“Good one Jess,” I admitted, punching her arm playfully and letting out a giggle. She just rolled her eyes at me.

“I’m serious, Cass!” she changed her tone. “Why don’t you ever take me seriously?”

“I’m not taking you seriously because that’s a stupid thing to do!” I yelled, also changing my tone. She can’t do this to herself. Nope, not this time.

“I can do what I like and you’re not exactly in a position to tell me what to do. I’m your best friend, you’re supposed to agree with whatever decision I make and not lie about your life,” Jess hissed, picking up her pace so that she was two pavement slabs in front of me. I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself how silly she was being. She didn’t even know this neighbourhood.

“I’m not having this argument with you Jess,” I told her, sharply. I really wasn’t in the mood for her bull crap today.

“Fine, but don’t go around telling me what I should or shouldn’t do. You’re not my mum. I’m sleep with Jake and there’s nothing else to it. I like him, he likes me, I’m hot, and he’s hot. I really don’t see what could go wrong,” she grinned; now walking at my pace as she’d realised she doesn’t know where I live. I wasn’t going to argue back, there will be no winning. She can do what she likes, I can’t stop her. No matter how much I think it’s wrong, I can’t say much either, I lied about my entire life.

 Jess and I hadn’t said a word to each other for the rest of the journey home. I wasn’t much bothered about this because if we did speak, it would only be about how hot Jake is.

Once we were home, my mum had made some food with the grocers I bought earlier. She was all happy; her grin was stretched out right across her face. How could she really pretend that she didn’t do what she did? Even if she had did it all for me, why didn’t she keep in contact? If moving away was to benefit me, why didn’t she get rid of Vincent? She waited until he was dead and gone. To be honest, I was full from smoothies, dinner would have to pass.

Hours had passed; Jess and I still hadn’t spoken a word to each other. I wanted someone to talk to so I decided I’d call Kevin. I could use a nice chat.

“Hello?” I heard through my phone. A smile settled on my face to the sound of his voice.

“Hey, it’s Cassie. I miss you!” I almost yelled. I could see the smile on his face even though we were on the phone.

“Hi! I miss you too, we all do,” he admitted. “That John boy came to see you,” I could sense that his happy face expression dropped. John’s my ex, Kevin never liked him.

“Strange,” I let out. John, even when we were together, never knocked on my door. Not after Kevin threatened to put him in hospital, anyway. That always made me laugh, Kevin wouldn’t hurt a fly! Well, he does look rather intimidating. “How’d your date with Rachel go? I didn’t get a chance to ask before I left.”

“It was great! Although, I kinda feel like she’s just leading me on,” he told me, lowering his voice. “I mean, I really like her, but it’s like she doesn’t feel the same way. What should I do, Cassie?”

“Is Kevin Wynter’s really asking for my advice?” I asked, in a teasing tone.

“Ha-ha, you’re very funny, Cass,” he announced, in a more relaxed toned. “Anyway, how’s Ohio and Nathan? Dad told me he came off as a bit of a jerk but what I heard from you, you were pretty close.”

“He means well, he was just a bit upset about me living with no notice,” I told him. “And if by Ohio, you mean my mum, she’s acting like what happened didn’t.”

After that, Kevin comforted me so I was much more relaxed. He told me that I don’t have to forgive if I don’t feel like it, and to do it when the time comes, if the time comes. I spoke to Jack and Kirsten too, they were telling me to be careful and if my mum gives me any grief to call them. I couldn’t blame them for being worried. If a mum can have a dangerous man around her daughter, surely anything else is possible. It accidentally came up that Nathan had a girlfriend. All Kevin did was tease me about it. It’s not even like I like Nathan. I thought to myself. After the long call of one two hours and thirty two minutes, I decided to end it as I didn’t want to over go Kirsten’s bill.

A/N: I'm incredibly sorry if this was boring D:

Please don't forget to COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE and FAN! I'd really appreciate it.