Her Lost Identity [7] ~ Full-frontal Kissing

... because her story is absolutely amazing! You guys should totally go check it out. :)

Here's chapter 7! A day early too.. And a bit longer! xD I hope you won't be disappointed.

~ No proofreading done.

Chapter 7

The next day, Jess and I were up and getting ready to go out. We were on talking terms as Jess decided to break the silence. There were no apologies; we just carried on as normal. That’s something I love about Jess and I’s relationship, we can never stay mad at each other for so long. I’ve spoken to my mum more, as well. Not a lot, but more than I had. I made dinner yesterday; I wanted to show off my cooking skills that Kirsten taught me. It made me feel much better that I was talking to my mum but something was still there, holding me back.

“So, do you even know where you’re meeting Jake?” I asked her. She gave me a look as if to say ‘don’t even start’. “I’m just curious.”

“Actually, I happen to know exactly where he’s picking me up from,” she told me, sounding rather proud of herself. Maybe it was only me that thought that that line made her sound like a prostitute.

“Good,” I mumbled as I was applying my mascara. I wasn’t wearing anything special as it wouldn’t be a date, I didn’t want to look like I tried to make an effort. I wore my least-favourite-but-still-nice Hollister polo shirt with a pair of denim shorts.  “Do I look okay?”

“Are you going for the look-hot-without-trying look for Nathan?” she asked, wriggling her eyebrows. Once she realised I wasn’t kidding around, she said “Yeah, you look great.”

“Thanks,” I slid on my shoes and got my bag together, containing my purse, cell and makeup. I slumped up on my bed before I heard four car beeps coming from my window. Beep. I walked over to the window to see a car in my drive. It only just came to me; we’ve never had a car in our drive. I stuck my head further out the window, only causing me to almost fall out. I saw Nathan, who signalled me to come down.

**

Nathan got in the car and I followed his suit. Jess had already gone off to meet Jake. There was only one thing that wasn’t right, Melissa wasn’t here. I assumed that we were going to pick her up, and that Nathan picked me up first. Wait... How could I be so blind to the world? Nathan was my age. There was no way he’d be allowed to drive.

“Wait, whose car is this?” I asked, curiously, opening up the glove compartment and having a nose around. “Well?”

“Its dad’s old one, he lets me drive it. Mum doesn’t know so don’t tell her. I’d tell you why dad gave it to me, only it’s a long story,” he told me. I looked over to him as he started up the engine, he didn’t look happy. Not even a bit.

“Where’s Melissa?” I asked him, pressing buttons on the radio searching for my favourite radio station. I thought that maybe he and Melissa broke up, that’s why he’s acting all ‘upset’. “Are we going to get her now?”

“No,” he informed me, only he looked less upset, but not happy either. Almost as all thoughts ran off. Maybe it was something else that was bothering him?

“Oh, so we’re meeting her there?” I questioned, confident that I was right this time round.

“No, she can’t make it,” he said casually. “She’s not well. We’ll still go though? Melissa’s not really one you can watch a movie with. Well, not when you’re her boyfriend anyway...” he added on, letting out a slight chuckle. What did that mean? As if reading my mind, he finished “She messes about; she’d rather be kissing than watching.”