Her Lost Identity [14] ~ Cold Feet

A/N: Sorry for the wait. Please comment! :)

Chapter 14

The Bloody Hounds were amazing! They had the whole crowd jumping, cheering and clapping all at once. One of the band members, David (if I remember rightly) jumped in to the crowd. It ended too fast though; we were having so much fun! Nathan and his band were packing up their stuff. Jess and I were just standing there, waiting for them.

“Kevin was here yesterday,” I brought up, still looking at the guys as they packed their stuff.

“Did he ask about me?” she asked me, grinning like an idiot.

“No, he didn’t. Aren’t you like, totally in love with Jake or some shit?” I asked, confused. Lately, it’s been all about Jake, and she’s bothered if Kevin asked about her.

“I’m fifteen, I wouldn’t know love if it slapped me on my face,” she said, smirking as she usually does. Déjà vu much, I remember thinking the exact same thing one time.

“What do you guys say to my place for a celebration?” everyone, including Jess, agreed to it. I couldn’t. What if something happened to my mum whilst I was gone? I couldn’t let that happen.

“Actually, I think I’ll pass guys!” I announced. They all booed me, saying how I should go. Nathan walked up to me and pouted. “Nate, I can’t come...”

“Why?” he asked me. “Come on, it’ll be a laugh!”

“I’d love to come... it’s just, what if something happens to my mum whilst I’m gone? I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself,” I told him. I didn’t want to be the killjoy, though. “You go ahead, I don’t mind.”

“How about I drop you home?” he asked me, looking hot as ever. I nodded, as I planted a kiss on his lips.

“Guys, I’ll meet you guys there,” Nathan announced to the rest of the band and Jess. He put his arm around me and led me outside and to the car. I could smell his cologne off his shirt. He smelt great.

In the car, on the way home, silenced filled the car. I could hear the sounds of cars and motorbikes passing. It wasn’t awkward, just peaceful. I was tired, my feet hurt and I was slightly tipsy. I just wanted my bed. To be honest, I wanted Nathan to stay with me. I wanted him to hold me like he did last night. I didn’t want to ruin his fun, though.

“You were amazing up there, by the way,” I told him, breaking the silence.

“Thanks,” he said. “I was thinking about you the whole time.”

“That’s sweet,” I told him, way too tired to say anything else. I realised Nathan had stopped the car. I looked around to see my house. I hadn’t even realised he’d turned in to my street. “Thanks for the ride.”

“Don’t mention it,” he spoke. I unbuckled my seatbelt and gave him a kiss on the lips. Within seconds, the kiss turned in to a make-out session. It reminded me of the time Nathan first kissed me. He tasted of cotton candy. I pulled off, this time, not gasping for air. I had been breathing out my nose the entire time.

“Uh, I guess I could stay?” he murmured before crashing his lips back down on mine. It didn’t last long, though. I was too out of breath. I bit my lip in pleasure and nodded. I turned around and got out of the car. Nathan did the same. We walked over to the front of the car and walked to my up to my door, hand in hand. I got out my keys from my pocket with my free hand and opened up the door. All the lights were on. We both stepped inside, not forgetting to wipe our feet on the doormat. I saw my mum on the sofa, watching telly.