Edward's P.O.V (bonus chapter)

I’m lying down next to her. She’s sleeping and she has never been more beautiful.

She didn’t choose to get involved in all this. It all sort of just… happened.

Her head rested on my chest while her hand grasped at my shoulder. I would’ve got up and went home but for once, in a long time, she looks relaxed. I think she knows how I feel about her… though I wouldn’t even think about telling her. Mary has enough problems right now. I couldn’t put her in that position. She’s a perfect girl, yet she’s not the type of girl you can just press up against the wall and kiss. She’s the type of girl who deserves to be admired and cherished.

I laid there, incredibly uncomfortable but I didn’t want to wake her. I moved not more than an inch before she turned around and lied on her side.  I turned around as well and put my arm around her. I was nervous at first but I guess she didn’t mind it. Within a few minutes I had closed my eyes and fell asleep.

“Edward” She whispered gently

“Yeah” I replied quietly

“Are we… Are we spooning?” She asked still half asleep

“Uh… yeah… yeah I think we are.”

“Oh. Well. I’m going back to sleep.”

I smiled at her reply then closed my eyes again

After we woke up Mary made us breakfast before she went off to her class. I turned on the TV as if it were my own house. Harry walked in and sat next to me on the sofa.

“You slept here?”

“Yeah”

“You didn’t... you know.”

“I didn’t Harry.”

“She’s something isn’t she…” he said

“Yeah I guess so.”

“Do you love her just as much as Marcel and I?”

“No, I mean… Yeah but… not like that” I lied

“What a lie!” laughed Harry

“No, I mean… she’s great. I think we’re pretty good friends.”

“Hey Marcel called me last night from London.”

“When did he go to London?” I asked in shock

“Two days ago I think. It hasn’t been that long”

“Well, what did he say?”

“He told me that he would be home soon and that when he arrived he was going to beg Mary to take him back.”

“You think she will?”

“I know she will.”

“Oh God, what a mess...”

 “Edward is it wrong that I’m in love with the same person Marcel is?”

“No. I think it’s wrong that you told her about it. I don’t think that was a smart move.”

“I know. I just… Edward I can’t stop thinking about her. I’ve never met anyone like her.”

“Yeah, I understand.”

“Well, I’m going home. The boys will be here soon. Are you coming?”

“Yeah” I said while getting up from the couch