Chapter Three - The regular

a few days later I got up and rolled slowly out of bed and into the kitchen. I made coffee and went by the window to watch it rain... as I stood by the window I saw Marcel walking across the street. Is he coming here?

I ran into my room and put my hair up. I didn't have time to get changed. He knocked on the door and I went to go answer it. And there he was. He was wearing a light blue t-shirt and some light brown slacks. He looked perfect, not nearly as nerdy as he did the other day, though either way he looks amazing.

"Marcel, please come in."

He came in and I gave him a towel to dry off his soaking wet hair.

"Oh, thank you."

"So, what do you need?" I asked

"Well I wanted to see if you wanted to go somewhere with me"

"Really, where?"

"To breakfast, you haven't eaten yet have you?"

"No, not at all, I'd love to go. Let me just go get ready real quick."

"I'll wait here." He smiled.

I put on my best outfit and met him in my living room. Was this a first date? He got up from the sofa and walked behind me while heading out.

~

"So, how do you like the neighborhood?" He asked kindly

"I like it, the people here are so friendly... though I don't know my way around that much."

He smiled and we walked into a small diner. It was warm and cozy. We sat down on a booth and we ordered drinks.

"Small tea, please"

"Can I have a hot chocolate?"

The waitress smiled at me and went on to get our orders.

"So where are your brothers this morning?"

"Harry's doing his work and I'm pretty sure Edward is still at home sleeping."

"Of course" I laughed

"What about you? Do you have any siblings?"

"I have four."

"Where are they?"

"Um, I'm not sure. I haven't really been in contact with any of my family."

"I'm very sorry."

"No... it's fine. I bet they;re all okay... though it would be nice to see them again."

Things went silent. I wanted to say something but I couldn't, then all of a sudden the waitress came with our drinks and broke the silence. Thank God.

"Alright, what can I get you?" She asked

"Um, can I have the special pancake breakfast please?" I said

"Alright and Marcel, I'll get you the usual?"

"Yes, thank you Wendy."

She left and I looked at Marcel.

"So I guess you're a regular here?"

"Ha, yeah. I usually come here for breakfast before I go to work."

"I see." I smiled

After breakfast we decided to go back to my house and watch movies. I could swear it was one of the best days of my life. We spent the whole afternoon talking, laughing, playing on the couch. I've never felt so sure about something in my life. I want this every day. He's perfect.

When it got dark Edward texted Marcel, it was time for him to go home... as he walked to the door I pulled him back, and did something that I normally wouldn't do. I kissed him.