Chapter Seven - The speed of light

Harry stood his ground.

“Harry, what are you doing?” I asked

He looked at me

“Um… nothing. I’m sorry… I…”
“You felt something.” Said Marcel, still eyeing Harry
“I don’t know…” he said raising his eyebrows
“Get out! Leave! Now, Harry, leave!”

Marcel shoved Harry out the door.

Marcel wasn’t weak. He looked weak, but I knew then that if he really wanted to hurt someone… he would. I looked at him… his face was red and for a second he didn’t look like the same person. I was still on the couch. My knees were pressed against my chest and I couldn’t help but feel bad for what just happened…

Marcel looked at me, and he calmed down.

“Marcel, you don’t know how terrible I feel. I’m so sorry”

He walked away from the door and sat by me, putting his arm around my shoulder and squeezing me tight.

“I know. It’s okay. I trust you Mary… a lot. Right now it’s him I don’t trust.”
“I feel like a ruined your relationship with Harry. Please talk to him. I know he didn’t mean to do anything…”
“I will my love. Just not tonight, I can’t even look at him. Mary is it alright if I stayed over-night?”
“Of course." I said

We went into my room and crawled into my queen sized bed, lit a candle and put it back on the nightstand.

“I love you so much, nothing could change that Mary”
“I love you to the moon and back. I want you forever”

He lied there, facing me… and he smiled.

“You look beautiful in this light”

I blushed. Marcel made me feel like we were the only two people in the world. He made me forget all of the bad things in life and helped me focus on what was most important to the both of us. Each other.

“Why aren’t you mad at me for what I did?” I said staring at the ceiling
“Because it isn’t the first time something like this has happened. One day Harry brought a girl home and forgot to mention he was a triplet, the girl thought Harry was playing a joke on her when I walked into the room wearing suspenders and a bow tie. She kissed me and Harry walked in. The girl freaked out and left. So I’m thinking that if I could pass off as Harry, Harry could pass off as me.”
“Was he mad?”
“Not really… but he didn’t love her like I love you. He wasn’t afraid of losing her like I’m afraid of losing you.”

I got up and sat on his lap, my body was facing his and my knees where on both sides of his hips. I kissed him. He sat up right, grabbed the bottom of my thighs and pulled me in closer to him.

“Mary?”
“Hm?”
“I love you”
“Prove it” I smiled
“Marry me?”

I looked at him in shock... he couldn't be serious. Things aren't supposed to move this quickly. But it all feels right.

“Marcel?”
“Marry me.”

The biggest smile appeared across my face

“Are... are you sure?”
“Of course! There’s not a doubt in my mind that I want to be with you for the rest of my life.” He said
“I’ll marry you.”
“Yeah!?” He smiled
“YEAH!”

He hugged me tight

“I love you” I smiled
“And I love you more haha!”

He rolled us out of bed and spun me. This is how I want to spend the rest of my life. I want to feel like this forever… comfortable, safe, happy… I couldn’t think of a better moment.

The whole night was beautiful, the hours past. The silent moments where precious and the way we talked to each other made me feel important. I really do love Marcel. More than anything.

“Sweetheart.”
“Yes?”
“I’m glad you chose me.”
“What do you mean?”
“Why didn’t you choose Harry, or Edward?”
“Because they’re not you.”
“Most people would see that as a good thing.”
“It doesn’t matter what ‘most’ people think. To me you’re everything.”

He smiled. That was the first time Marcel showed any signs of insecurity. After he said what he said I felt horrible again about kissing his brother.

“Marcel.”
“Whaaat…?”
“You’re very attractive.”
“Haha noooo” he blushed
“Yes you are”
“Stop it!” he laughed and poked me

We then fell asleep in the early hours of the morning… It was the best night of my life.