Chapter Twenty-Five - The talk on TV

The next day I came home only to find Edward lying on my couch eating the cookies I made a few nights ago.

“Hey Ed”
“I’m bored” he moaned
“And I’m tired.” I laughed
“Come on let’s go do something.”
“No. It’s cold out there. Why do you always wanna go do something? Stop it.”
“Come on I’ll buy you a hot chocolate.”
“I want a muffin too.”
“Deal let’s get out of here this place is so boring.”

We drove to the nearest coffee shop and sat down on a booth. There were a few people snapping pictures with their cell phones. I was uncomfortable but people had to think that I was Edward’s girlfriend, so I grabbed his hand while we talked about random things.

After we finished our drinks and pastries Edward took my hand and we walked outside, and we got home he gave me a high five telling me that we’ve done a good job faking it…

“Alright, hey, I’ve got to go take a shower, I’ll be back later.”
“Alright, see you then”

A few minutes after Edward left, Harry walked through the door. I remembered about the kiss he gave me last night.

“Harry… what’s up?”
“Nothing just bored.”
“Harry… I – I’m really sorry I let you kiss me. I didn’t mean to give the wrong impression. I’m still madly in love with Marcel.”
“I love you.”
“Don’t say that.”
“Okay. I won’t say it. But I’m not going to stop trying to prove it. I know you feel the same way Mary.”

That’s the thing though. I didn’t. I love Harry so much… just… not in the same way I love Marcel. I just didn’t have the energy to stop him yesterday. I was tired and depressed.

“Mary, say something.”
“What do you want me to say?”

He looked at me for a few seconds and came in for a hug. He squeezed me tightly. I hugged him back and laid my head on his shoulder.

After I pulled away from the hug I went to go lie down on the sofa. I needed sleep. It wasn’t very late but I was exhausted. Harry sat down by my legs and turned on the T.V.

“Oh no”
“Whaat” I groaned
“You’re on TV.”
“What?!” I said while sitting up

I looked up at the TV and there were two people talking to each other about my personal life. I’ve never once known how weird it felt to watch people say such horrible things about you.

“Mary Jane, Marcels ex- fiancé, is now currently in a relationship with his brother Edward Styles, what do you think is going on there Catherine?”
“See, I think she’s spreading herself a little bit too thin here. She’s slowly building herself up. Watch, sooner or later she’ll be after his other brother… the one and only Harry Styles.”

“Sorry Mar… Uh, I’ll turn it off.”
“No leave it on. I wanna hear what else she has to say.” I said while taking the remote from him
“Mary stop, give it back.”

I turned up the volume on the television

“Oh please, Harry Styles would not do that to his brother! Edward is the bad one, I mean look at him. He wouldn’t mind hurting Marcel. No. I don’t think she could possibly get with Harry.”
“Come on Heather! Look at her. She’s beautiful, Stunning! I bet you. She can have Harry whenever she wants.”

A picture of me popped up on the screen of my eighteenth birthday. How did they even get that picture?

“I do agree with you, she is gorgeous!”
“She is, she really is. In a normal, comparable way… she is.”

Harry took the remote from me and turned it off.

“Mary, don’t watch that stuff, it’s stupid.”
“I know… hah… they think I’m beautiful.”
“You are.”
“If I were beautiful Marcel wouldn’t have cheated on me”
“Mary, stop talking about him. It hurts so much when you talk about him. Please.”
“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t anymore.”
“It’s fine… I know it’s hard.”
“Very…” I said

I lied down on the couch and Harry started to tickle me.

“Stop!” I laughed

Harry didn’t stop. He continued tickling me, getting closer and closer. He kissed me again, positioned himself on top of me and put his hands on my waist.