#28 Niall Imagine

You ran as fast as you can, your bare feet stepping on pebbles and small branches. You ignored the pain and continued running. You passed trees and bushes and the wind gushed through you, making it fly a little bit as you ran. Your breathing was heavy and the air was not enough for your lungs. You heard a group of growls behind you. They were many. You tried to look back but you knew it would slow you down.

Distracted by your thoughts, you tripped on your own feet and dropped to the ground, whimpering. You nearly cried out once you tried to stand up but your knees were too weak. You've been running for like 4 miles straight, just to get away from them. A yelp escaped your lips as you stood up, hiding behind a tree. Your chest heaved up and down as you leaned against the bark. You closed your eyes for a brief moment before reopening them back up.

Every cell woke up in your body, your eyes widening once you saw a huge wolf in front of you, standing straight on its four paws. Its yellow eyes glistened in the dark. Once you look closely to it, you saw a guy. He's not an 'it'. His tail waved up as he took a step towards you. He was a big wolf, like a masculing one. "S-Stop" You weakly ordered. He's one of them. One of those dangerous pack.

A low growl rumbled in it-- his throat. He was trying to say something, and he can't say it. Instead, he glanced up the sky, his eyes lighting up for a moment before he looked back to you.

"Please don't hurt me.." You quietly spoke. He looked down, eyes blinking before looking back to you. It's getting you frustrated. You need an answer. You may not be sure that he's in the good side but sure as hell that you can't trust him. He's a wolf for god's sake! He's not normal, like you. Your hands covered your face, shaking your head as you closed your eyes tightly. You've done this so many times. It was all a dream. But that's what you only hoped. Every night, it's like this. You get chased and you always prayed to wake up, but you don't.

"I'm not gonna hurt you" A low voice said, mixing with the sound of the leaves rustling. You were shocked and scared. You removed your cool hands from your tears stained face, seeing a guy in jean shorts without any clothing on besides that. He stepped forwards, making you step backwards until you realized that there's a tree behind you.

"Don't be scared" He said, eyes full of emotion. "I'm not like them"

"You're.. you belong to them" You stammered.

"I'm different" His raspy voice spoke.

Suddenly, a loud growl rumbled through the whole foresr, making you jump and shrink in fear, curling into a ball. He frowned and looked around, his eyes now dark. You watched as he stepped towards you, his hand held out. You just stared at it.

He said. "I won't hurt you"

You looked up to his eyes, your hand hesitantly placing itself on his open hand before he pulled you up, facing his back towards you. "W-What do I do?" You asked shyly.

"Jump on my back" He said.

"I-" He kneeled down on the floor, back still facing you.

"Now, please. They're getting closer" You hesitantly climbed on his back, your arms around his neck.

"Hold on tight okay?" He asked, trying to look at you completely through his shoulder.

You nodded, clinging to him."Yes"

"Trust me" He whispered before running as fast his legs can. He stepped on a high rock, pumping his leg. He jumped and his wolf self took over. That was the moment you knew.. he is your protector.