19- Space c:

Third POV.

Usagi spent the next day reading quietly, and fighting the doctors who wanted to put her to sleep with drugs, so she would rest. Auburn, Andrew and Ella came to her rescue however. They talked to her about the acadamy, and she talked to them about how boring hospitals are, and how she wants to go home. Usagi was back in her younger defense system.

Andrew and Ella could feel Usagi was hiding something, from herself. Ella and Auburn knew something was wrong with her, but everytime they were about to ask, Usagi changed the subject, to a lighter note. Auburn's patience was running out.

"Is there something wro-"

"Hey, did you know that if you stay reallllly quiet, you can hear the ghost's whisper?" Usagi said with a grin.

"Usagi!" Auburn yelled, her patience died.

"Hm?"

"Whats wrong?"

"What do you mean? I'm tottaly fine, beside being in a boring hospital, guarded by Anboo, and doctors that want me to sleep." She replied with a soft smile, but not leaving out sarcasim.

"Seriously, even I can tell, and thats saying something." Ella said quietly, holding Eria, who had been training with Andrew the day before.

"Nope, nothings wrong." Usagi said with a laugh.

"Come on, it can't be that bad." Auburn said with a smile, Andrew seemed to stiffen next to her, he knew what she was hiding.

"Yeah, theres always a bright side to things!" Ella said with a smile.

Usagi was quiet and looked down silently. Thinking, A bright side? Well, thats hard to think of.

"We are your friends, you can tell us anything." Auburn said with a smile.

"Fine...but it'll be hard to see the bright side..." Usagi said quietly. Auburn and Ella leaned closer, eager to hear. "Remeber that bike, the one Mrs. Ahara gave me?" Usagi said, referring to the bike that one of the orphanage councilers gave her for her birthday. Ella and Auburn nodded. "I-I signed up for a cancer bike-a-thon with it...and," Usagi's voice was shakey. "I thought that it could hold up for 4 more miles, but It didn't..." She took in a large breath. "I'll lose my sight in 2 months...and Orochimaru is after me. If he gets me, he'll get Anna, and if he gets her, the worst that can happen is, no more world." She finished, her voice cracking. Usagi's knees moved torwards her stomach and she hug her legs. "I'm so sorry."

Auburn and Ella looked petrified, shocked, and upset at the same time, there is no word to describe how they are feeling.

"Wha-but-how?" Auburn said in disbelif.

"I'm really sorry...I should just die already..." Usagi said quietly.

The sound of a slap rebounded around the room as Ella, and Andrew gasped. Auburn had slapped Usagi.

"You just stop it! Just stop it now!" Auburn yelled putting her hands over her ears. "Just fucking stop! You don't get it!" She yelled. "We fucking care about you! We want to help you but we can't if you freaking don't tell us! And when you do..." She continues."We don't wan't your aplogies...this'll get better, so just go ahead and see the bright side, while you can still see." Auburn finished quietly, wiping her tearing eyes. 

Usagi put a hand to her red cheek. She looked at Auburn with teary eyes, but said nothing, words weren't needed. Auburn opened her arms and Usagi cried silently in her chest, shaking.

"I-I thought you were going-going to hate me, because- I- was weak." Usagi said, between hics of silent sobs. "And-and I thought that you'd- you'd just forget about me, and find- a new guardian." She said holding onto the 15 year old's shirt. Auburn held Usagi softly.