Uninvited and Unwanted. Chapter 34

[Edited]

Disclaimer: I don't own the image above and have only done basic editing. The credits go to @sgoat_m on Twitter. 

I run down the hallway and down the staircase before finding myself in front of the closed doors that lead to the living room. I exhale heavily, scared of what I was about to face. I feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins as I place my hands on the handles of the double doors and push them open hesitantly. I lift my gaze from the ground to see the brothers scowling as they stared above them. Confusion clear in my eyes, I follow their line of sight and find Yui standing in front of Reiji as she caresses his face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yell, grabbing everyone's attention immediately. I was further into the room and notice Richter leaning against the window on the upper floor, staring at me with his blank gaze. My eyes widen as I make eye contact with him before finally focusing my attention on Yui, who gazed at me with her emerald green eyes. "How?" I mutter to myself as I notice that Cordelia had fully taken control of her. The scene in the forest near the school flashes in my memory as I finally notice seeing the subtle shifts in the colour of her eyes.

"What is it, Shinju? Did I surprise you? I did tell you to come to the living room for a reason, wouldn't you think so?" She leans against the railing as Reiji furrows his eyebrows at me.

"I asked you a question: what the hell are you doing here?" I ask once more through my gritted teeth as I glare at her, ignoring the confused stares I was receiving from my brothers.

"Why, I can't just tell you everything I plan to do. I told you a few things and your job is to obey what I say from now on." An evident smirk crosses her face as she watches my face contort in disgust and anger. "Treating me with silence, now, are we?" She sighs, faking her disappointment as she turns back to Reiji. I clench my fist as I see him flicker his gaze towards me before meeting Cordelia's eyes once more.

"Now, where was I?" She caresses his face once more and I growl under my breath before stepping forward, only to be grabbed back by Subaru.

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him as he continues staring at the exchange happening above us.

"Just stay here. It might be dangerous to go up there."

"Dangerous? Have you met me?" I whisper back before scowling at him when he doesn't let go and turn back to settle for watching them.

"I'll let you in on a secret- out of respect for your beautiful eyes: I came back to take revenge on Karl, and I plan to make him pay with his life." I hear her whisper into Reiji's ear, making my blood boil in anger.

"Take your revenge for not loving you?" He asks, his voice monotonous and uninterested.

"My dear, Reiji, it seems you still do not grasp men and women. By killing him, I am ultimately showing my love for him." She huffs, her pride audible in her voice.

"In other words, you're forcing your love on him whether he likes it or not."

"That mouth of yours speaks out of turn quite a lot, I've noticed. I might just have to shut you up." My eyes widen as I realize her implication and tug against Subaru's grip, only for him to tighten it. I snap my head to glare at him, my breathing becoming ragged.

"Let me go!"

"Shinju." He mutters and looks away, not wanting to meet his gaze with mine. I turn back once more to see Yui pulling away from their kiss before leaning forward once again, only for Reiji to respond by closing his eyes and tilting his head. I feel my tense shoulders go limp as I stare at him in shock. I turn away, not able to stare at him any longer.