Cordelia's secret. Chapter 17

[Edited] 

Disclaimer: I do not own the image above and have only done basic editing. The credits go to @serinell.

I enter my bedroom, my luggage in hand that I had taken from the hotel after everyone in the house had calmed down. With a sigh, I chuck the bags onto the bed and sit down at the edge as I try to think of ways to get rid of Yui.

Having her here with us is too dangerous. Then, there is the mystery of Yuma and Kou. There is no way Yui did that- she's too weak to attack two vampires and leave without a trace. She could be taking someone's help- which is most likely what's going on here. Other than that, she might not be human. Wait, no, that makes no sense because we can sense her- she's definitely human. If she's not, could she be hiding her scent and disguising it as a human's?

I sigh, overwhelmed by the possibilities, and lay down on the bed, staring at the ceiling blankly. The silence in my room and my mind allows me to collect myself before continuing to figure out what was going on. When another idea clicks into place within the working gears in my brain, I sit up with a swift move, eyes wide at the coincidence- unless it was not one. Instances with Yui's eyes glowing a familiar emerald green instead of her pink orbs, her behaviour resembling a certain purple head's, and the way she could control my dreams and speak to me in her voice, all come back to me and I finally begin noticing them for what they truly hinted at.

Could it be... That we are actually dealing with Cordelia? But, how is that even possible?

I stand up from the bed and begin walking around the room, feeling uneasy at the thought of such a scenario. That is when I remember how Yui had been fainting quite a lot recently, in fact, she was unconscious at the moment.

Could that be because Cordelia is having trouble in her body? Doesn't Yui always clutch her chest, just above her heart as well?

A gasp leaves my lips as the reality crashes into me and I stumble from the sudden wave of shock, taking the support of the dressing table instantly.

There is no way Yui has Cordelia's heart, is there? How is that even possible? Who would transplant it for her? Literally, no one liked her. And why would she go after the Mukami brothers? She barely knew them.

I push the hair in my vision out of my way and clutch onto them at the back of my head, confused at the number of people playing this mysterious game.

Even so, there is no way she is doing everything on her own, especially in Yui's body. So, what's truly going on here? Someone who helped transplant Cordelia's heart in an otherwise innocent girl's body, Cordelia herself, and someone who was there at the time I was talking to Yuma and Kou in the alleyway- all of these must be connected.

Before I can continue this internal debate, a knock on my bedroom door interrupts my train of thought and my head snaps in the direction of the sound.

"Come in!" I reply and turn towards the door fully as Subaru opens it wide before entering, quite nonchalant in his manner. I raise my eyebrow before speaking, "Yes?" and he simply sits on the edge of my bed, seemingly deep in thought.

"You seem troubled. Are you okay? Is it Yui?" My eyes widen at his question as I slowly sit next to him, eyeing him carefully.

"Why do you think it's Yui?"

"I have a feeling she has to do something with what's going on, I mean, your brothers have been getting hurt ever since she stepped foot into this house."

"I- you're probably the most observant brother around here- and wait, what do you mean 'your brothers'? They're your brothers too! Don't act like they're only mine!"