A change in lifestyle. Chapter 29

[Edited] 

Disclaimer: I do not own the images above and have done basic editing. The credits go to Ham Sung-Choul on ArtStation.

"Hm?" A groan escapes my lips as I stare at Kaho upside down since Kaho still stood behind me.

"It's nothing. I just thought that saying it now would be better than never." She shakes her head and lets go of my head, stepping back slightly. I, however, look up at her in confusion, but before I can say anything, Shu gets up and starts pulling on my wrist lightly.

"Let's go. We need to fix the bandages around your arm and wrap them neatly." I get up without any resistance, not having much fight left in me, and we both teleport to my room. Shu sits me on the edge of the bed and places himself beside me as he begins to unwrap the bandage to already see my body healing itself. "Well, that looks good. You're recovering really quickly." He gazes at my wound once more and I smile lightly. I look up for a second towards the window, only for my eyes to widen when a realization hits me. Shu looks up at me when he doesn't receive a response and follows my gaze instantly.

"What is it?" He asks and stops wrapping the bandage. Before I can answer him, we hear a pair of footsteps rushing across the hallway and when the scent reaches me, I narrow my eyes in disgust.

"Yui is back?"

"About time. We couldn't find her anywhere even after you left to go and get Kaho." At his complaint, I snap my head to turn to Shu in surprise.

"Well, of course, she wasn't there. She was in the forest." I say as a matter-of-fact and shake my head in bewilderment from his obliviousness. Shu, however, looks up at me in confusion and tilts his head slightly to express further.

"What do you mean?"

"When is the blood moon?" I look back out of the window in wonder as I focus my attention on the moon.

"I asked you a question." The pitch of his voice drops as he blocks my vision by leaning his head to the side more so I am no longer able to properly gaze outside.

"And my question will answer yours. Just tell me." He sighs at my demand but complies nonetheless.

"I don't know exactly when, but it's right around the corner."

"Well, then so is her awakening. You know about Cordelia, don't you?" With that, his eyes widen as he stares at my expression for any clues as to how I would know this. "You didn't ask me about anything so I assumed you did. Subaru must've told you." I sigh and get up with little resistance due to the pain from being wounded, before walking up to the window. I place my hand on the glass and see Shu staring at me through the light reflection. Before long, I feel my throat beginning to unusually dry out, making me grab onto my neck immediately in shock. I stumble back as I start feeling weak, making Shu get up and catch me by the shoulders.

"Shinju? What is it?" He asks but abruptly stops himself and turns me around to fully face him. "Why are you getting paler?"

"I-I don't know! I just, suddenly, feel like I can't control myself anymore." I groan through my heavy breathing as I begin to crumple to the floor but Shu holds me up, bringing me to the bed instead. "Wait here-" I say and run towards the bathroom, almost tripping on my own feet but reaching there with no casualties. I look in the mirror to see Shu standing beside the door frame as I stare at myself.

"Your eyes..." He trails off as I lower my head to stare at the sink, not aware of the situation I was going through.

"Shu, this is not right! Why is this happening?!" I begin to yell through my dry voice, feeling panic coursing through my veins as I turn back at him. I walk past him and back into my room, thinking of several possibilities.