New tricks. Chapter 30

[Edited]

Disclaimer: I do not own the image above and have only done basic editing. The credits go to Chinchongcha on DeviantArt.

I look up the next second to see Reiji standing next to the bed, an extremely terrified Yui held captive in front of him. My painful gaze narrows at her in disgust as I clutch my neck once again, feeling my throat burning in desperation.

"Shinju, don't think much about it. This is what we are supposed to do." Shu walks to stand beside Reiji so he can be in my view. I shake my head rapidly in response, refusing to believe that I would have to drink her blood.

Granted, I could kill Yui AND Cordelia at the same time. But is it worth even touching her?

I clench my teeth to stop myself from yelling when Reiji sighs and pulls me up by my shoulders while pushing Yui closer to me. As I glare at her, Yui hesitantly glances at Ayato, who was currently looking away to avoid any eye contact. Kanato, sitting right beside me, finally clicks his tongue and stands up to grab Yui roughly.

"Listen, stop looking around! It's not like you will be able to escape. You don't have a choice here." He yells at Yui, his anger quickly rising enough to make her flinch and close her eyes.

Where is her attitude? By now, she would have said something back.

I think over as Kanato pushes her closer to me, making it difficult for me to resist her scent, and feel overwhelmed as I shut my eyes tightly. Without much conscience, I grab onto her shoulders, feeling a familiar burn in my eyes as I sink my fangs into her neck. Losing control instantly, I remove my fangs away before harshly flipping her onto the bed. A yell escapes her as I crawl on top of her and sink my fangs in the crook of her neck once more.

"Should we do something?" I hear someone whisper from beside the bed as Yui's struggles come to an end, indicating that she had fainted from the blood loss. Feeling confident enough to finally kill her, I continue drinking when two pairs of arms grab me and pull me away from Yui.

"Let me go!" I yell and resist against their grips, shaking my head violently as I feel myself slip away.

"Shinju! Calm down!" I see Kaho come into view and she holds my face in place tightly so I don't escape her grip. Not enjoying being paralyzed like this, I grit my teeth as I glare at her. "It's okay." She whispers and I furrow my eyebrows in question as she lets me go. I feel the burning sensation in my throat disappear along with the one in my eyes as I finally feel myself relax. I turn my head to look at the messy state I had left Yui in before my eyelids begin to grow heavy. Before everything fades to black, I fall back into a pair of arms and go limp.

The moments seem to pass by as I begin hearing faint voices but am not able to visualize anything, as if it is not a dream I am experiencing.

"She most likely fainted because she isn't used to drinking human blood. Her body reacted negatively to it."

"Will this happen every time she drinks blood?" A frustrated, yet calm voice echoes around me.

"No; it should only last the first few times while she's getting used to it."

"When will... she wake up?" A sluggish voice carries on the previously stopped conversation.

"She should be awake in a few moments." A sigh follows the assumption as I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, not knowing whether I'm in reality or a completely different universe.

"I never thought Shinju was capable of such a thing. I have to say, I'm impressed. She even surpassed you, Ruki."

"I think it would in your best interest to shut your mouth, Kou."

"Teddy says she will be alright. We shouldn't worry too much."

"And we'll make sure that she is."

"Well, of course we will. She is our big sis!"

"We'll take care of her. She has already done so much." The mattress next to me seems to sink as I become slightly more aware of my surroundings.

"Absolutely! No matter whatever comes in our way next." A voice cheered, urging me to crack a smile.

"You guys are so sappy." I finally am able to utter the words as I slowly open my eyes, only to see them staring at me in shock.

"W-what are you talking about, huh?!" Subaru blurts out and turns away, a slight red hue crossing his cheeks, making me smile. My expression, however, instantly changes as I taste an unfamiliar bitterness in my mouth.

"Ugh! What the hell is that taste?!" I touch the corner of my lips subconsciously to feel something dried on my skin.

"Uh, yeah, about that-" Kaho starts and shakes her head towards my bathroom door. Confused, I get up and walk over before opening the door. I look up in the mirror instantly to see a streak of dried blood from the corner of my mouth.

What the-? Whose blood is this?!

"What the hell happened?!" I ask no-one in particular as I wash my face.

"You don't remember?" Kaho comes up behind me and stands against the door frame, her arms crossed as I look up at her before shaking my head hesitantly.

"You-" She abruptly stops herself as her gaze snaps to the ground momentarily. "It's nothing." She shakes her head, making me frustrated as I wipe my face with a towel and turn to her.

"What do you mean, "nothing"? Do you really think I'm going to let it go at that?" I walk up to her and look behind her, at my bed to see a pool of blood spattered across my sheet. At that moment, everything comes back to me and I stumble back slightly.

"I... I drank her blood, didn't I?" I press my hand against my forehead as I try to get rid of the memories. "I almost drained her dry. I was... what was I thinking?" I look up at my brothers as they stare back at me, awaiting a direction for the conversation. "Is... is she alive?" I finally ask, part of me hoping that she wasn't.

"Yes, Shu and Yuma pulled you back just in time," Reiji explains and turns to the two as they nod reluctantly as if scared of something.

Damn it!

"I gotta say this, though, Shinju: you were a beast! I didn't know you could do that!" Kou chimes in and claps his hands, making me tilt my head to the side as Kaho glares at him.

"What do you mean?"

"The thing with your eyes! They were glowing like crystals!" He explains further and I furrow my eyebrows, not knowing how I was able to do that myself.

"Yeah, I have never seen you do that either, Shinju. Is it a new trick of yours?" Laito joins in, his tone dripping with tease, and I roll my eyes.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to see, won't we?" I mutter and look towards my door, knowing that I will have another problem on my hands with this lack of self-control.