Yet another mistake. Chapter 11

[Edited]

Disclaimer: I do not own the image above and have only done basic editing.

I get out of my room after many hours of locking myself inside. It was pathetic, honestly, but I didn't have the mental state to be positive and energetic after what happened to Shu. With Shu's healing powers, it was easily possible he was completely healed.

Fortunately, the wounds weren't that deep. But I don't want to think what would've happened if they were.

I stare at the ground and think over what to do with Yui. Knowing I am not allowed to kill her was beginning to weigh on me a lot more than I thought it would. Before I can think further, I feel a presence behind me and turn around, suspicion clear in my narrow eyes, to see Azusa standing mere inches away from me. I yell at the sudden scare and hold my hand over my chest to feel the adrenaline pumping through me.

"Azusa!" I yell and stare at him with my wide eyes as I calm myself down. "How many times do you plan on doing this?" I scold him and smack his shoulder while a small smirk appears on his features.

"I'm sorry, Shinju. I promise... I won't do it again, maybe." He tilts his head and his slightly hooded eyes scan my glaring ones. I let out a huff at his response and place my hands on my hips before looking away with a pout.

"Of course, you plan to keep me on my tip-toes." With a shake of my head, I look back up at him and continue, "Anyway, what were you doing here?" At the question, Azusa looks away with a hum and fiddles with the bandages around his arm as if thinking of an answer.

"Well, I was hoping we could... spend some time and eat some ice cream? You were... not feeling well before, right?" His question catches me off-guard and I feel my eyes widen at the hint of concern in his usually monotonous voice. I scratch the back of my neck and stare back at the ground as a small, strained chuckle leaves my lips.

"Well, that would be a good change of pace, I think." Taking this as a yes, he nods at me and begins walking when I grab his wrist to stop him from walking further. "This better not be a trick of yours."

"No need to worry; it's not." He smiles lightly at me before continuing to walk down the hallway as I keep my narrow gaze at him, my hand still wrapped around his wrist which allows him to teleport both of us outside the mansion and on a random street. We walk a few steps before stopping in front of an ice-cream parlour. "Is this one okay?" Azusa tilts his head and stares at me as I look up at the familiar logo with a small smile.

"Yup!" I nod and let him lead me inside as the conditioned air hits our skin, making goosebumps rise on my arms. I take in the sweet scent of the mixture of several ice-cream flavours and feel my smile growing as we walk over to the counter with the display of the heavenly goodness. The cashier turns to us after serving a couple of teenage girls and smiles widely before greeting us.

"Good evening! Which ice-cream are you thinking of buying?"

"I'll take the Chocolate Oreo." I smile and point at the container filled with the requested flavour and Azusa looks at the choices in front of him.

Something about the name really reminds me of Ayato.

"It's the oreo." Azusa nods to himself slowly as if agreeing with me and I turn to him with a quizzed look on my face.

"You were thinking out loud." He tilts his head and points at a container in front of him before speaking in a hushed tone, "A Mint Oreo, please."

"Don't tell Ayato about this, please. I will never hear the end of it." I join my hands in prayer as he simply chuckles deeply, making me internally sweat from anxiousness.