End of a journey. Chapter 25

[Edited]

Disclaimer: I don't own the image above and have only done basic editing. The credits go to Miura-n315 on DeviantArt. The video above is a mashup of some very popular early 2010's songs (cuz why not?) by Happy Cat Disco.

"I'm talking about the girl who was with my brothers. Surely, you noticed her: she was the only girl in the group besides me." I explain and feel my grip on her shoulders tighten subconsciously.

"You mean the girl with pink eyes and blonde hair? No, I don't know her. Why do ask?" She tilts her head and I let go of her, letting my hands clutch my nape instead as I sigh in frustration.

"The way she was looking at you, Kaho-"

"Everyone does that. It's only natural because of my beauty." She flips her hair, making me sharply turn in her direction and glare at her.

"Kaho, no. She was looking at you as if you killed her family or something." I feel my face contort as I think back to her expression. "Though, she ends up looking at everyone like that." I grab my chin as I think over my overthinking.

"Maybe, she didn't like my scent? I am a demon, after all." She shrugs, making me semi-agree with her.

"Maybe so,"

"Come on! This is our graduation! We are gonna have to listen to, like, 2 hour speeches before we even get to have any fun! Leave your worrying for when you'll be sitting on the stage for those long-ass speeches." I roll my eyes as she grabs my hands and drags me out of the washroom. We walk down the long hallway to finally reach the entrance to the gym and find my brothers waiting outside. I furrow my eyebrows and walk faster to ask them why they were just standing around.

"Why are you all just waiting here?" They turn to look at me and Kou bends down slightly and smirks at me.

"Well, we thought we should wait for the two wonderful ladies. Isn't that so nice of us?" He flips the strands that block his vision as smiles at me with his angelic smile. I chuckle and place my hand on his shoulder to push him away, making him look back at me to smile again.

"Yes, yes, that's very kind of you. Now, let's go!" I push his back to make him walk ahead as he chuckles and complies, following the other brothers inside as Kaho pulls on my arm to whisper something in my ear.

"Honestly, how were you so lucky to get such wonderful brothers? They care so much about you." She smiles gently as she mentions, making me crack a small smile myself.

"They do. Sometimes, I think they are my big brothers." I shake my head at their overprotectiveness and look towards Kaho to see her looking away, a frown trying to break through her facade.

"If only my brothers cared as much." She tries to break any tension with a low chuckle and rubs her arms as she looks around at families entering to celebrate the graduation. "They didn't even bother to come- not one of them." I put my hand on her shoulder and she turns to me.

"What are you talking about? They are here, they just went inside after waiting here for us." I say and motion my head inside the gym, indicating towards the Sakamaki and Mukami brothers. Her smile widens as she comes closer to hug me, and I return her embrace instantly.

"It's so unlike you to say something like that, but thank you."

"Trust me, I know." We pull away from the hug and enter the gym after I reassure Kaho once more and help her feel better.

"I can't believe we are actually graduating!" She sighs as we walk further in, gazing at the seniors and juniors that were now mingling with everyone.