Bear Hugs ||Hak x Reader|| Fluff

To Mimi-chan13: Thank you so much for being patient, I hope this was enough!!!!! X3

Walking down a hidden dirt path slightly further away from where the group sat to recuperate from their long distance walking, (Y/N) and Hak approached a stream glittering with the sun's setting rays of priceless gold. They stopped at the beginning of the water, taking in the beautiful scenery that would only last for so long.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" (Y/N) pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"You... guess? What's that meant to mean? It's beautiful out here." An awkward silence followed shortly after, and (Y/N) suddenly became uncomfortable being in Hak's presence. After sighing, the Thunder Beast started walking back so suddenly.

"We shouldn't be away from the others. They'll worry." Surprised by what looked like Hak giving up on trying to spend time with (Y/N), she turned around and grabbed the hem of his clothing.

"H-Hak, wait." He turned and waited for her to start speaking, his expression not saying anything that she herself could read. "What... what do you think of me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... what am I to you? What is the reason you asked me to be your girlfriend?" Not expecting to be confronted by such an uncomfortable question, Hak pulled his sleeve out of her grasp, and looked into her eyes.

"Are you having doubts about my decision?"

"Well when you put it like that... yeah, sort of."

"Am I doing something wrong?" His responses were short and sharp; not like he was trying to sugar-coat anything he was saying or the way he was speaking to his supposed lover.

"Well I just- I just get the feeling that sometimes... you didn't really mean it."

"You think I didn't mean it when I said I loved you?"

"I just think that... you're not making much of an effort in our relationship, that's all."

"I have to be protecting not only you, but the Princess and the others. I'm sorry you can't have me all to yourself."

"Hak, that's not what I mean- "

"Let's go." Without another word, the argument was over and Hak stormed back through the trees with (Y/N) trailing quite a fair bit behind him.

After returning back to the group, Yun was already talking about where they were going to head to next. "If we continue in this direction, we should be able to reach the Sei province so we can get down to this drug business once and for all."

"You mean the Nadai drug?" Hak announced himself into the conversation as they both returned. Almost instantly, the others could tell that something had just happened between them. And judging by how downtrodden (Y/N) had been as of late, it didn't take a detective to figure it out.

"Uh, y-yeah. I overheard some guards talking about it in the town we just left. If I'm right, which I always am, Sei is where the source of the problem is."

"So if we stop it in Sei, we stop it everywhere else?" Yona confirmed.

"Exactly."

"Well we should get moving then, right?" Without another word, Hak began walking in said direction with no given warning. (Y/N) sighed dejectedly, and Jeaha walked up to her with an arm around her shoulder.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)-Dearie. Hak will pull through eventually," he smiled.

"I don't know... he hasn't really changed much since our relationship started. I don't think he'll really change for someone like me."