A Lovely Day ||Yandere!Abi x Reader||

To art_99: Thank you for waiting patiently. This is my favourite yandere I have written so far.

NOTE: Feel free to choose your own ominous music if you don't want to read with my music choice :) I purposely chose it for a sadder feel to the story, but if you want scary then go ahead.

Abi wasn't fond of visiting his King's quarters, not wanting to withstand the sight of his sickly face and skinny body. It was disgusting. A god shouldn't have been brought upon such unfair anguish in his dying days.

Ungrateful humans, Abi often thought. They don't even care about their king.

It was true, with the exception of (Y/N)-- a common girl in the town square whom stood up for the heaven-sent warriors on a weekly scouting mission. It was a rare find to come across a human who hadn't fallen to greed and hate, and instead see these dragons as equal-standing and as human as anyone else, if not considered above them.

"He's not a monster! He didn't choose his eyes to be the way they are!"

Abi did indeed take a liking to her, being the first human to not be so afraid of his presence. All four of them did, including Hiryuu who could only listen to the wonderful tales spoken of her by his warriors. But only the blue dragon was aware of how terrible an idea befriending a human would be, what with the countless consequences that would present themselves; her fellow townsfolk, to name a couple dozen.

"It's not fair how the kingdom treats you all. You're as human as we are, after all."

"Damn right we are. They're just a bunch of idiots and scaredy-cats," Shuten scorned at the thought of them. "Oh, not you though, (Y/N). You're fine."

Abi watched the usually loud and grumpy dragon's demeanour change at mention of her name, his heart strings tugged in an unpleasant way. "You should've expected it, Green Dragon. People aren't as perfect as you stupidly think them to be."

"Think you'll still be funny if I put a spear through you?"

"I'll paralyze you first."

"Then you'll faint like you always do, then I'll kill you!"

Their bickering halted as an ornery call of (Y/N)'s name echoed to the group's ears. Looking over the tall wall of the castle, they saw a man pacing back and forth the fields, his eyes scanning the land.

"Oh, shoot. I have to go, you guys," she grumbled.

"(Y/N), do you get in trouble for being with us?" the white dragon queried.

"They're just grumpy old people, Guen. They don't understand you guys like I do," she smiled. "I don't care what they say; you're all my friends." She hopped off the wall and entered the stairway to the side, Abi joining her.

"Will you come back, again?"

"Of course I will! I love seeing you all."

"All...?"

She stopped walking, giggling to herself before nudging him in the arm. "You, most of all. You know that."

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, he kept himself hidden from sight in the shadows as she exited the castle walls. Quickly, she ran back to his side, pecking his cheek before retreating off again. He smiled as he watched her leave, wishing their feelings didn't have to be so secretive.

Returning to his comrades, the four dragons peered over the wall and spectated the exchange between (Y/N) and the stranger, watching aggressive hand gestures flying about left and right.