White Knight ||Kija x Reader|| Fluff & Angst

For -ReDThreaDofFatE-: THANK YEW FOR BEING THE FIRST REQUESTER :'D

(e/c) - Eye colour & (h/c) - Hair colour

Upon entering yet another poor village in Saika, Yun, Kija, the recently recruited Sinha, Hak and Yona met a villager who seemed very ill. They helped the man with kind hearts, but the conversation between the two parties had quickly changed to the topic of king Il, in a negative way. Very soon after, Yona excused herself to "use the bathroom."

"You acknowledged King Il as your master, regardless of the fact he was Yona's father," Yun spoke to Hak.

"Of course." After that moment, the conversation remained quiet. Kija, still ever curious of what the world outside the village of the White Dragon brings, wished to look around the village a little. He started walking off without saying a word, wishing not to speak to the Thunder Beast.

"Oh? Ditching your duties of protecting the princess already? I thought you were better than that White Snake," Hak teased.

"I swear, I will tear your throat out one of these days 'Thunder Beast'," Kija viciously responded.

"Before this gets any uglier, where are you going anyway?" Yun cut in.

"Just a little exploration. I wish to familiarize myself with the lifestyles of the... less fortunate." And with that, Kija kept on walking.

Every corner he turned, there were villagers lying sprawled across the pathway, weak and vulnerable to every danger the world harvested. Through the various windows he would peek into, it was the same thing. Some were even families with young children who were teetering between life and death. It broke his heart.

About to walk past a particular house, he heard some noises coming from the inside. He heard rattling of old pots, and some frustrated remarks. Kija subtly looked through the window, and saw a young teenage girl walking around. Just by seeing that alone he could tell that she was already healthier than anyone else in the village.

It was clear she was rummaging through various things, trying to find something; food most likely. She looked as though she was trying to dig through the earth. However, Kija noticed that her right arm didn't seem to be moving at all. It just dangled helplessly by her side, like it might as well have been completely separated from her body altogether.

Feeling obligated to help her he entered the house cautiously; making sure he didn't scare her.

"Excuse me, miss?" She turned her head slowly, fearing that it may be one of the officials from the capital. The sunlight came from behind the clouds and shone on her (h/c) hair, Kija believed it was sparkling for a few moments. That was before he saw her eyes.

Pale (e/c) gems that glistened with the sun shining on the welled-up tears in her eyes. There was not one girl in his own village that he had seen and thought likewise. Her beauty was hypnotic, but her eyes were sad and innocent. What had this girl done to deserve any of this? There were no adults around her that looked like parents, therefore making her most likely a young orphan.

"I-I'm sorry, you looked like you were looking for something," Kija quickly snapped out of his dream-like state and continued to be as friendly like the princess was. "Might I be able to help you, perhaps?"

"Nothing can help me now. I'm done for," she said bluntly. Kija was almost unsure if she was speaking to him, or herself. She proceeded on with throwing things around, desperately trying to find a crumb of any kind of crop.