Halved ||Hak x Reader|| Angst

To Levi_isbae: So like, I think this is more 'cringe-inducing' than it is 'crying-inducing.' Warning: please lower your hopes before reading. Thank you.

One week.

Seven days.

One hundred and sixty-eight hours.

One thousand, four hundred and forty minutes.

Eighty-six thousand and four hundred seconds. Four hundred and one, four hundred and two...

It was how long (Y/N) had been missing for; taken from them in the dead of night. Without a word. Hak should've been awake. He could've protected her. Lucky for him and the others, the Princess hadn't been stolen away as well, or else they would've all snapped, losing all sense of their sanity.

But (Y/N) was more important to the Thunder Beast than anyone else right now, even more so than the crimson-haired girl of his childhood.

"We'll find her, Hak," they would all try to console.

"Yeah... and I'll kill her kidnappers once we find them, too."

His face said enough. The way his eyebrows were furrowed, how hard he was gritting his teeth, the fury in his dangerous eyes; if looks could kill, Hak would've been declared a mass murderer a long time ago.

"You don't think it could be someone like Yan Kum-ji again... could it?" Yun's stomach churned at the idea of it. He wished he said nothing.

"Princess Yona killed him a long time ago. I don't think anyone else would follow in his footsteps after hearing he was pierced in the heart with an arrow."

The kingdom was dark, though. There was always so much evil they stumbled upon. If truly there were more human traffickers out there, abducting women like (Y/N), using them for their pleasure and personal gain, Hak wouldn't even let them feel the sweet release of death. He'd make sure they stayed alive, feeling his wrath tenfold over and over again.

Jeaha saw Hak's face darkening. "Let's not dwell on it and focus on finding (Y/N)."

"All we have is the note, saying 'You'll find her in Shisen. Come alone if you want to see her again.'"

"The water tribe? So that means..."

"They were probably Nadai users."

Hak slammed his weapon into the side of a nearby tree, instantly digging out half of the drunk and causing it to fall. If there was anything else that could have added fuel to the fire, this was it. He started walking, which became jogging fairly quickly, leaving the group behind.

"H-Hak, wait!" Yona cried out for him to stop. And when he didn't, the rest were shocked. It was the first time he didn't listen to Yona, not forgetting that he was her bodyguard. The title didn't mean anything now.

"If those drugged bastards have (Y/N), who knows what they're doing to her."

Yona ran up to him, the others protesting her nearing him out of her own safety, and tugged on his clothes. "Hak, stop! We need to think about this-"

He snatched his arm away from the Princess' grip, causing her to lose her footing and stumble. It was only when the ex-general had stopped for just a moment, enough time for Kija to punch him with his human hand in a second of rage, was when Hak had realised how irrational he was being. It was his job to protect the princess, who was doing her best to console him, but he was pushing her away. All of them.

But (Y/N) was his other half; his world. Even now, without her by his side, he was losing his mind. One couldn't imagine how he'd keep his sanity in tact if her life was no longer on this earth.