Nightmare Skies ||Su-won x Reader||

To LunaKingsbane: Cool name btw ^^ Hope this is to ur likin' lassy! Thanks for the basic request !!!!!!!

A brilliant fork of lightning cut through the rainy night outside of (Y/N)'s window, briefly illuminating the world beyond and casting the shapes of the many trees into sight. She clutched her pillow tightly to her eyes, bracing herself for what she knew was coming.

Crack!

The sound of thunder cut through the silence of her quarters with a deafening boom, temporarily drowning out the sound of the rain hammering against the window. As she clutched your pillow so tightly her knuckles whitened from the strain. She could've sworn she felt the whole ground tremble in fear.

She whimpered quietly to herself, trying to not even allow herself to expose her unspoken fear. She wanted to keep it that way.

The stone floor of Hiryuu Castle was cold beneath her bare feet, and she cursed to herself for forgetting to bring socks in her drowsiness. The combination of cold, despite it being summer, and the stone around her, which magnified every thunder-crack until it seemed to reverberate in her ears for an incredibly long time, made (Y/N) a bit annoyed, and she kicked a stone wall angrily, almost stubbing her toe against the hard surface.

The walk to Lord Su-won's quarters seemed much longer than usual, and the dark corridors were slightly unnerving at the best of times, so she was grateful as she rounded the final corner and saw a golden light seeping out from underneath a door. (Y/N) raised her hand and knocked lightly on the wooden surface.

"Who is it?" his warm voice asked through the door.

"It's me," she said softly, wary of waking up any other palace guards, who would probably reprimand you for being out after curfew.

"The door is unlocked," the king's voice softened slightly, making him sound tired all of a sudden. (Y/N) gently pushed the door open with a creak. Su-won was sitting behind the little desk in the office, immaculate despite the late hour, reading something by the light of his small desk-lamp.

As (Y/N) entered, he looked up quizzically, and she noticed the dark shadows under his eyes. "What brings you here at this hour, (Y/N)?" She walked forward, seating herself on the chair in front of his desk with a sigh.

"I... um... couldn't sleep." He looked at (Y/N) strangely, but he didn't press the subject. She didn't want to tell him about her fear of the thunder, so she quickly changed the subject.

"Lord Su-won, why are you up so late working again?" A concerned edge crept into your voice, but he just sighed.

"Please, no need for formalities. No one else is around, after all."

"Right. Then... Su-won, shouldn't you be sleeping by now? It's well and truly past midnight by now."

"There have been some disputes throughout the five tribes, and so I must read through all of their complaints and do what I can to settle the matter as soon as I can."

"But you still need to sleep! You look like you haven't had a good rest for days!"

"I'm going to go to bed, don't worry about me." He paused in his reading of the long letters he had received, and looked at (Y/N) with his full attention. "But the truth is... I haven't been able to sleep very well lately."

"R-Really? Why is that?" There was a long pause, and Su-won's face changed to one of a more solemn look. (Y/N) caught on quickly. "... Is it Hak and Princess Yona?"

The king's eyes widened a little, surprised that (Y/N) knew exactly what he was thinking. But then he sighed, and rested his head against his hand leaning on the desk. "You know me far too well, (Y/N)."