Partners in Crime ||Hak x Tsundere!Reader||

To Moonlightfox6067: I CANNOT BE MORE SORRY ENOUGH FOR HOW LONG THIS TOOK. AND I AM SORRY I HAD TO EDIT YOUR REQUEST AND AH- I AM SUCH A DESPICABLE HUMAN BEING.

"Do you see anything?"

"No. What about you, (Y/N)?"

"Not a thing, princess." (Y/N) gripped her Katana in frustration, and sighed.

"How does the old man expect us to find someone, when we don't even know where he is?" Hak asked out loud, clearly just as frustrated as his partner (Y/N).

"Well from what we know, the priest used to live in a temple at the palace. He left the castle after Yu-Hong began harassing him, apparently. But now he lives in a place faraway from people."

"Far away from people..." the princess thought aloud. "This definitely looks like a place where no one would live," she said as she peered over the cliffs the trio were standing on."

"If anyone tried living here, they would sure as hell fall off. But, maybe one could do it if they really tried."

(Y/N) started sitting on the edge, careful not to fall off. She saw the beauty all around her, even though it was something she had seen time and time again whilst travelling around with Hak all the time. "It's really beautiful out here though, don't you think so princess?"

"It really is! I don't remember ever seeing anything like this back at the castle."

There was a long pause before Hak decided to speak up. "...I've seen this a thousand times, so it's nothing new to me-"

"I have too! But you could at least pretend to care about nature, you know!"

"What's the point in caring if I've seen it before though?"

"It doesn't matter! Jeez, you can be real annoying sometimes."

"Sometimes? I thought I was annoying all the time, according to you when old man Mun-deok took us to Awa?"

"I was actually trying to be nice by not saying all the time. But now, you really are annoying, all the time." (Y/N), sick of this pointless argument with her partner, put her hands beside her to push herself up again. She was about to take her hands off the ground, when she felt something through the ground. Something that was out of place.

"By the way, Princess, if we must search every corner of this area, we'll have to sleep outside. Unlike the mountain behind the castle, it gets cold here."

"Then I'll snuggle against you when I sleep." (Y/N) couldn't help by burst out into laughter as Hak accidentally threw his spear away. He went to go and retrieve it, but then he too, felt something in the ground.

"Hak...?" Hak looked at (Y/N)'s face and saw that by her firm expression, she could feel the same thing. He put his ear on the nearest canyon wall, and listened hard for any suspicious movement.

"Footsteps... Forty, no, fifty."

"Pursuers? But I thought they weren't chasing us anymore."

"That's quite a lot of people too." (Y/N) could now hear the footsteps with her own ears. She held onto her katana tightly as her and Hak were getting ready to fight.

"Princess, if you want you and Hak to snuggle in your sleep, you're going to have to put all your trust in Hak and I if you want to live."

"But, I already have."

"Are you sure?" The three of them inched forward a little, and many archers soon came into view. Along with them were soldiers with swords and spears, each soldier having their weapon pointed to the bodyguards of the princess.