Chapter 38 - Big Apple

(Joshua's POV - Fri. 29 November 2013)

I glance at Liam through the window wall between our offices and smile at how he is munching on his pen, so concentrated on his task that it forms a little crease between his eyebrows. He must have felt my stare on him as his eyes rise to meet mine and he smiles in return, making me chuckle and get back to the email I was typing. One more half hour and we will be heading to the airport to take our flight to New York. Liam has made all the reservations and we are about to enjoy a nice week-end in the Big Apple. After the stressful week in Houston and the incident at the club last Saturday, the idea of spending a week-end away from Chicago imposed itself on me as I was performing aftercare after our rough sex.

First there was this conversation with Aaron about collaring Liam. To me, collaring a Sub is not only about claiming him as mine in front of others; to me, it is far more than that. To me, it is an engagement and Aaron is right when he says that I am afraid of committing myself, but I have my reasons. It is not a habit of mine to do things carelessly and without much thinking, so the day I am going to collar Liam, it will mean a lot to me and right now, I don't know if I will ever be able to do that. I can't deny that I have some sorts of feelings for Liam, more than I have had for anyone before, and the pain and anger I felt when I saw these two Stefan and Frank get a little too close to him on Saturday only proves it. However, I never let anyone approach my Subs in the past either and people know me enough at the club not to mess up with my Subs, but the few times it happened, I didn't feel that pang of jealousy or the fear to have my boy stolen, not like I did with Liam.

Somehow, I was lucky that Aaron followed me and stopped me because I might have lost part of my self-control when those assholes began to speak about my lack of smartness. In a way, they are right. Liam is so beautiful and attractive that I shouldn't blame anyone for wanting into his pants, but it doesn't mean that I should give up on my principles and collar him to claim him as mine. For a few seconds, this little incident got me to considering collaring Liam and I didn't need these guys' remarks. From the moment I saw him sandwiched between two Dominants, I thought about it as an option. I just don't know how to bring myself to it, so taking a week-end off the club is a good way to give me more time to think things over.

Then there was this rough session... I wasn't angry at Liam at all; he hadn't done anything wrong, despite the Dom's accusations, but I needed to release the pressure. At first I wanted to take him in my private room but then I thought that the half hour ride would help me to release some of my tension. Release some my ass... It only got me even hornier but the worst was when I saw how it aroused Liam. Within seconds his shaft grew hard and at the end of the day, it was a good way to test his limits again. Rough sex is just exhilarating when practiced once in a while and I couldn't be any happier to see that my boy adored it. However, seeing him limp a few hours later made me feel quite guilty and that was the last stroke before I decided to take him to New York the following week-end. Liam is very enthusiastic to go there; with all the states in which he lived as a child, I am surprised that he has never visited New York, so I'll make sure that he sees a little of the city.

Yeah... after another intense and busy week, it will do us some good, though it is not as if we didn't have time to enjoy each other over the past few days... Liam hasn't set a foot in his apartment at all since last week. Since his friend has left to do some works in a farm or something, I convinced him to spend every night over at my place. We were able to drive together in the morning and arrive before anyone else did, and in the evening we would leave early enough so that we could spend a bit of time together at home before I would set back to work in my study. Having shorter days in the office was great in the end and it didn't prevent me from doing what needed to be done there.