Chapter 78 - Slow Vs. Quick

(Liam's POV - Sat. 26 July 2014)

5:09 pm

So it took me two minutes to slowly cross the whole ground floor again. Let's see if I can do this more slowly.

5:13 pm

Yeah! Two more minutes this time. Maybe I should add the upper floor? It would certainly take me more time...

Oh God! This week has been awfully long and busy already but it feels like this Saturday afternoon alone at Joshua's place will never end. I am so bored! Damn! It's only 5:16 pm now, barely three minutes later than the last time I checked the time on my phone. Right now, I am cursing Joshua for not letting me go with him to the club this afternoon and I even silently give him quite a few bad names that I am not used to pronounce in general. If he heard my thoughts, I would probably end up across his knees for a good spanking! Well, forget about that! My ass still remembers last week-end's punishment and I am not ready for another one. Not just yet! Of course, it no longer hurts but it is like these persons who lose one of their limbs and still feel them itch. This is the same for my butt. It is not painful anymore but it still remembers the sting of the paddle and it sends reminders to my brain that I had better behave if I don't want to get into troubles again. I do like the occasional pain enhanced by Joshua's hands on my backside, but the paddle is a different story and I would rather avoid it for a few weeks... or months.

5:18 pm

Why has time slowed down? I have been wandering in the house like a lost soul for over an hour now, roaming from one room to another and waiting for that call I have been expecting. Once again, I end up in the kitchen and angrily open the freezer to grab a jar of Ben & Jerries ice-cream and slam the flatware drawer after I have taken a spoon. I haul myself up on a stool at the island counter and greedily start digging into the jar of vanilla and peanut butter chunks. This is not a good time to eat some dessert, Pet, Joshua would certainly say. Yeah right, see my mental middle finger raised to your face? Oh dear... Boredom obviously doesn't sit very well with me. It seems like even the sweetness of the ice-cream won't soothe my nerves.

5:27 pm

Damn!!! What the hell are they doing? It was supposed to be a quick meeting and I thought that Shan would have already called me by then!!

I can't help smiling as I think back to all the texts I exchanged with Shannon over the week; or let's be more precise, the texts that Shannon spammed me with. After last Saturday evening when he spent an evening at the club as a guest, Shannon kept bugging me for more information about the lifestyle, details on the process to become a member and begging me for a lunch out. On my side, I was trying to keep a low profile after Friday evening's fiasco and I had decided that I would spend all the evenings of the week at Joshua's place to buy myself back. That night, I realized that all my lies to Shannon had taken me far into troubles, and that things had really become ridiculous. Just because I wasn't being honest to him, I had downed some alcohol too fast, quickly losing my self-control and clarity of mind and thus getting me into more problems. I think I learned an important lesson at last: honesty is a key rule to any type of relationship and this includes our best friends. From now on, I well intend to speak more openly with Shan and I am pretty sure that things will get even better between us.

I was already able to tell him a lot on Saturday afternoon while Joshua was working in his study. We caught up on things; I told him about some of my friends at the club and explained him a little more about how my relationship with Joshua works. He frowned a lot and worried a little too when I mentioned the submission and punishments, but he eventually relaxed. I think he was mostly surprised but at least he completely understood when I told him that I wanted to spend the entire week with Joshua, explaining that I was still feeling guilty for what happened on Friday evening and that I needed to apologize more. I just thought that Joshua would appreciate and be happy about it. And happy, he was. He did try to convince me to stay with Shan at least one night, but I was truly decided to please my man and I had a feeling that I would soon spend more time with my friend. I was just happy to be back in Joshua's good books in the end.