Chapter 44 - First Public Performance

(Joshua's POV - Sat. 22 March 2014)

"What's so funny?" Aaron asks as I walk into his office, chuckling at Liam's impatience. Aaron is already dressed in his leathers, obviously just out of the shower as droplets are escaping from his dark hair and running down his suntanned chest and back. His recent vacation in South America did him some good.

"Teasing Liam is funny..." I reply as we briefly hug and go to sit down on his couch.

"What has he done again?"

"Oh nothing... but he was super eager to go and find Jeremy in the Subs' room and I couldn't help delaying the moment by calling him back each time he was about to lounge for the other end of the corridor, making him more impatient and grumpy..." I explain.

"You're such a dick sometimes..." he chuckles while lacing his combat boots.

"I know," I reply proudly. As much as Liam verses more and more into submission, he also gains in temper and self-confidence and this has become quite a tricky game to push him toward his goal of getting some confidence and taming him when he gets a little too cheeky. Until now I have been really satisfied with the results because he feels more comfortable in the presence of other people, especially at work and at the club, but the counterpart is that he also gains in boldness and insurance with me, which is fun at times, but I always manage to turn him down and cool down his sassiness through discipline when necessary. "How did the collaring ceremony go by the way?"

"Oh that was quite simple. You know how Gary likes to keep things humble and modest. He did it here in my office and within five minutes it was done."

"Yeah, I wouldn't have imagined him to convene the whole club and do it during a performance on stage..." I comment. Gary has always been a discreet member of the club and in the end, I am not surprised that he asked Aaron to do this in a restricted committee.

"Would you?" Aaron suddenly asks with a smug expression.

"Would I what?"

"Would you collar Liam on stage before a performance?" he clarifies, making me scowl at him.

"Don't start this conversation again, Aaron..."

"Fuck! You're so stubborn..." he sighs.

"I'm not stubborn! This is just not in my habits! However, if I ever do it one day, I might as well do it just before a public scene... that sounds like a good idea..."

"Perfect! You're performing tonight!" Aaron teases me.

That's crazy! What doesn't he understand in I'm not ready to collar any Sub? Ever since that conversation we had in November, Aaron has been bringing up the subject once in a while and I keep on rejecting the idea. Besides, Liam doesn't seem to mind either. We have actually never discussed this collaring thing together, but if he wanted to, he would have brought up the subject one way or the other. There haven't been any problems with other Doms since that one occurrence with Stefan and Frank, so I don't see the point of hurrying things.

"Fuck off!"

"Chicken..." he chants childishly. "Is Liam ready for tonight by the way?" he then asks, finally dropping the subject.

"As ready as he will ever be I think. I believe that once he has tasted it, he will realize that it's not that scary... I think I've prepared him gradually for public sex and although this has nothing to do with what I plan to scene with him tonight, it should help. He says that he's bit nervous but I'm sure that everything will go well."

"Don't forget to remind him of his safe words though..." he asks warily. As if I could forget!

"I won't; don't worry," I reassure him.