Chapter 48 - Moving on...

(Liam's POV - Wed. 2 April 2014)

"That's crazy... some things will never change..." Ally grumbles as we are both working on the presentation for tomorrow's business review. She picks up the phone and dials a number, putting it on speaker. "Spencer, this is Ally. Are you going to send me these slides or not?"

"I'm sorry Ally, I had a problem with the servers that I needed to fix," the poor IT Manager apologizes. "You'll get them in five minutes..."

"Then hurry up, it's already 5:00 and I need to finalize this before I leave!"

"Hey, when are you scheduling the second child so that we can get Liam back?" he teases her with mock irritation.

"Not any time soon, Spence, now send me your files!" she replies with a giggle.

"Yes, Boss!" he replies with a serious voice.

"Five minutes Spencer, or else I will definitely send you the boss..."

"Less than five minutes, Ally, I promise!" Spencer interrupts her before he hangs up.

"Darn!! I wonder if Spencer will ever learn to respect deadlines!" she mutters with a long sigh, returning her attention to her screen.

"I know..." I chuckle. "He's always the last one to send his slides. Though, the new guy Devon is not much better. They might start a competition..."

"Yeah, I saw that he sent them a bit late... How is he by the way?" she asks curiously.

"Hmm... I'd rather you make your own opinion on him... He went to New York with Allan on Monday afternoon, but they'll both be back for tomorrow's meeting, so you'll get to meet him then..."

"Come on, Liam, tell me!" Ally begs in a whisper.

"No, you'll see for yourself... but don't worry, he's not that bad," I reply just when the ping of an email echoes on her laptop. With a sigh, she gets back her presentation now that she has Spencer's slides and I send her Joshua's that I have been working on so that she can consolidate into one file.

Even if it's only five, I can't wait to call it a day. I feel like I have been working for at least twelve hours when it has only been eight but the last two days have been quite intense. Tomorrow we have the monthly business review and on Friday, I am moving to Allan's department, so Ally and I had only two days to catch up on everything, working together at her desk. I have insisted that she gets her usual place back while I am using one of the comfortable chairs across her desk, so it is easier for us to work and talk at the same time. Joshua is currently in the meeting room with Kelly Sykes, his Marketing & Communication Leader as they are planning on advertising about the new division in specialist publications and on participating in an upcoming exhibition in Miami.

"You did a great job, Liam!" she cheers once she has finished compiling all the slides.

"Thanks..." I whisper, blushing a little.

"Really, Liam, I'm glad that Joshua insisted to have you to replace me. It is really pleasant to come back after so many months and find my workplace in such perfect order. Thank you so much for updating all the files and giving me back something perfectly clean..." she says with joyful sincerity.

"Well, you trained me well... and I really liked it. It was a great opportunity for me too..."

"So, working with Joshua wasn't too painful?" she whispers, quickly averting her eyes to the meeting-room doors behind me. "Didn't he cause you too many troubles?" I stifle a chuckle because I obviously can't tell her that only his cock and hands can be painful at times...