Chapter 18 - The Apology

(Liam's POV - Sun. 4 October 2013)

On Sunday morning - or afternoon, the first word that comes to my mind when I resurface from my near-coma is: RESTROOM!!!!

I don't know how I manage, but I make it just in time to the toilets before everything that was in my stomach lurches out in noisy and painful retching. I am kneeling in front of the pan, my hands resting on each side and I feel like this is never going to stop. My chest keeps heaving and tears of pain are falling down my cheeks. I think my head is about to explode from a migraine like I never had before. I feel like I am suffocating and it is getting hard to breathe.

"Just let it go, Li..." Shan says softly behind me, his hands running all over my back in a soothing way.

After a couple more minutes, I think my stomach is finally empty and I slowly calm down. Shan hands me a glass of cold water that I use to rinse my mouth, and helps me up on my wobbling knees after he has flushed the toilets, before he leads me to the bathroom. He seats me down on the edge of the bathtub and prepares my toothbrush with toothpaste, for which I am grateful as soon as the mint clears the other disgusting taste of alcohol and acid.

This was my first booze, and believe me, it will be the last! Once I have rinsed my mouth, Shannon leads me on my shaky legs to the living room where I plop down on the couch. There, he covers me with a blanket before he heads back to the kitchen. He comes back a few seconds later with a glass filled with orange juice and some pills.

"Here... take that and you'll soon feel better," he whispers softly. I gladly take the painkillers and chug down them with the cold orange juice. My stomach grumbles and I only hope I am not going to throw up again.

"Thanks..." I mumble, my voice hoarse from vomiting.

I close my eyes and doze off for a moment, waiting for the pills to do their job. When I open my eyes again, Shan is walking back from the kitchen with two plates of noodles - not burnt or overcooked this time - and I happily accept one as I am feeling terribly hungry now.

"What time is it?" I ask while I start picking in my plate.

"Four in the afternoon... Are you going to tell me what exactly happened this time?" he asks worryingly.

"What do you mean with this time?" I reply causing him to frown. I don't remember him asking me anything yet!

"You only uttered incoherent words last night when you came back home. I didn't understand anything you said! Do you at least remember what happened?"

Oh my God! I can't believe I haven't even thought about why I was in this state since I woke up earlier! Despite a few gaps, I immediately recover my memory. The nightclub, the drinks, the flirt, the guy I met - what was his name again? Holy crap! We made out on the couch and then... Ugh!!! The shame!! The awful shame at being caught by those security guys! I feel myself blush to a deep red.

"I... I... Were you home when I got back?? I remember looking for you at the club and couldn't find you before I was thrown out of the club and into a taxi..."

"Yes, I was home! I saw you looked quite busy with that guy near the bar when I went to the restrooms, but when I got out, you were no longer there. I looked for you for a while, but I couldn't see you, so I thought you went back home. Since I was having a headache, I left too and had only just arrived when you came back and... Wait! What did you say? Did you get thrown out the club!!?" he suddenly shouts, reviving my headache.

"Shan, please!!! Don't scream..." I complain.

"What happened Li? Why did you get expelled?"

"Hmm... That guy I was with... and I... we... we were doing things... and it is apparently forbidden. I vaguely remember security guys came and took us to some sort of office with plenty of screens. They told off the other guy for making me drink alcohol when I am underage. I think they also said we couldn't make out in public in this club. At least not at the lounge area. I don't know why, but they kept me a bit longer and they lectured me on the risks of accepting drinks from strangers... drugs and so on..." I pause for a few seconds. "Oh God Shan... how could I be so stupid?" I whine. "Imagine if the drink had been spiked!!"