Chapter 36 - Is This Jealousy?

(Joshua's POV - Thur. 21 November 2013)

"Good evening Joshua, did you have a nice trip?" Tony asks as I determinedly walk toward the car and slip in the back seat while he holds the door open for me.

"Tiring...," I grunt. Tony shuts the door and hurries to place my luggage in the trunk before he sits behind the steering wheel and heads off toward Northbrooks.

Yes I am in a bad mood and I have many reasons for that. Liam's little act yesterday evening was the beginning of twenty-four long and painful hours. He has been so good over the past two weeks, applying himself to be the perfect Submissive and working a lot on his submission and self-control! I don't know where this little act comes from, but the one thing that's sure is that it pissed me off and disappointed me. I don't mind him going out as long as he tells me so that I don't worry, and as long as he respects the rules. I could have gotten over it and made sure to lighten my mood before I come back home but unfortunately, this was only the beginning of a series of shitty troubles. There was a big storm last night in Houston and I could hardly sleep at all despite the double glazing. Then, room service delivered me the wrong breakfast this morning; the guy didn't know where my trolley went and I had to wait for them to bring me what I had ordered, making me fifteen minutes late for my appointment and I hate being late.

Thank God, Liam had done a great job with the presentation for the meeting I had with this subcontractor. However, it took us ages and a lot of negotiations to reconcile the information and the figures I had, with the data that they had. I had to call Derek and his AP manager three times to get an explanation on why the invoices didn't match the quotations and they were only able to provide me with vague and approximate answers. I will need to have a serious conversation with these two when I get back to the office. Fuck! This is not my job to reconcile our overdues! This is Derek's team's job! My only luck was that the guy got tired of all these discussions and accepted to wipe the slate clean, and we were finally able to work on our next project which implies a huge luxurious office building in Houston.

And to cap it all, the weather was so bad that all the flight landings were delayed in Chicago, making me reach home at 10:15 instead of 8:00. I release a long sigh as Tony parks in front of the house, trying to forget about this awful day and aiming at suppressing all my tension. I need to recover my self-control within the next seconds because I certainly won't take it on Liam. A good Dominant wouldn't do that and I am supposed to be a good one. I know that I have played a lot with my Submissives in the past, getting rid of them when our agreements came to an end, disappointing those who were expecting more than sex and a lot more feelings, but I was always honest from the start and never gave them any hope of a longer relationship. Liam is actually the first one with whom I proceed differently and I often wonder if that is the sign of a possible future... No! I can't think about that now!

"The boy seemed rather nervous and tense this morning and tonight when I drove him here," Tony says out of the blue as I slip out of the car. His tone is not concerned or worried, but rather accusing and warning.

"And...?" I ask him defiantly.

"Nothing Joshua; I trust you to be wise enough to set up boundaries between the professional and the private," he replies in a much lighter tone. "Have a good evening, and I'll be ready by 7:30 tomorrow morning."

"Good evening too..." I grunt back and head inside the house. I have had my share of stress in the last 24 hours and I certainly don't need an argument with Tony now.

All the lights are out on the ground floor, so I quickly get rid of my coat, jacket and shoes and climb upstairs. I am not really surprised to see the light filter from the playroom but I first go to take the quickest shower I have ever had and only put on an old pair of jeans, leaving the last button open. When I walk into the playroom, my hair still damp and dripping droplets along my back and chest, I find Liam in the most perfect display position, kneeling naked on the floor and his head lowered. His thin hands are resting on his parted thighs, slightly shaking from the stress I guess considering how warm it is in the room. I can't really see the expression on his face, but for sure it is not smiling. I haven't been able to talk to him today at all but he sent me a text this morning to say good morning and another one to say that he had safely arrived at home, to which I only briefly replied, so I can only imagine how frustrated he has been, which all in all is a good punishment for him.