Chapter 16 - Being Experimental

(Liam's POV - Fri. 4 October 2013)

What have I done??

What the hell have I just done?

I am not that stupid and I already know the answer. I got carried away and I kissed my boss! How could I do that? I had promised myself not to let go of my emotions. Only a few days ago, I decided I would ignore all these feelings that have been growing within me and here I was, kissing him back!

What the fuck have I just done?

As I step into the train and take a seat, the scene keeps replaying in my mind. I don't know what happened exactly. First there was this invitation for a dinner that I wanted to decline. When Mr. Pierce asked me if I could stay later today because he needed some documents to work on over the weekend, I willingly accepted because I truly love this job.

I particularly like these tasks which consist in deciphering and understanding files in order to come up with a synthesized document. I didn't have anything planned for tonight since Shan is out with some guy, so I didn't mind staying later in the office, but I wasn't expecting my boss to invite me for dinner in return.

His offer sounded more like a request, and against all my resolutions, I felt compelled to accept the invitation. What happened in the lift still appears like a blur to me. For some reason, I leaned against the wall of the cage, facing him, instead of facing the doors as I usually do. When the doors shut, there was a sudden tension and before I knew it, Mr. Pierce was pinning me against the wall and his long hands were cupping my face.

His soft lips on mine first surprised me and I unconsciously reached for his wrists, but never did I mean to pull him away from me. It felt just too good. At that moment, I realized I had been waiting for this to happen, and as his tongue slipped inside my mouth, contradictory reactions arose in my body.

First, I felt all my muscles melt at his contact, it was like his thumbs were sending soothing waves through me, his warmth untied all the knots in my muscles. At the same time, I felt some tension growing down there and it only increased when he tilted my head to the side and deepened the kiss.

This is when I kissed back.

I shamefully kissed him back!!! I felt his strength and dominance, and damn! I really did kiss back. All these things emanating from him aroused me hugely, but obviously, I wasn't the only one. I felt his own erection against my hip. It seemed huge and I surprised myself moaning and wanting more.

However, when he withdrew from me, I just purely and simply panicked. Had I instigated this? Had I given off my feelings toward him, so much so that it compelled him to kiss me? Had I been too obvious?

All I felt then was shame and as soon as the doors slid open, I rushed out and ran away. I ignored Tony's questioning look and his call to me, and ran as fast as I could, but once I was out of sight, it hit me I had done yet another mistake. I just ditched my boss without a word when he had just invited me for dinner. That was so rude.

For a few seconds I was tempted to run back and apologize, but how could I face him now? How would I be able to look him in the eyes? I felt so ashamed of my behavior. Even worse, I was scared; scared that he would reject me and even fire me. No, I definitely couldn't go back for now. I needed to let some time pass and dearly hoped that the weekend would be enough.

Thank God, Shan is not home when I get to our apartment. He told me he was going to have a few drinks at a pub with some guys he met last week and I am grateful for that, because it allows me to break down and cry my soul out on what happened tonight. I spend a full hour in the shower to try and get rid of my guilt.