Chapter 48: "Worldwide"

I did hate goodbyes. I wasn't that far from Germany, but I really did hate it. I wanted to think I wouldn't suffer as much as I did in the past. Someway, the signing of those papers, made me feel new, like someone completely different after that.

At least I wouldn't have to listen anymore my mother and feel like a crap because of her. But my brother was still there, and I didn't know if he would bother anymore or what would he do.

James was waiting for me at the airport. He didn't tell me, I found it by myself when I was walking through the passenger terminal and I gazed his face there. I practically ran into his arms.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked him while we hugged. ''Weren't you at a photoshoot today?''

''We've finished earlier today.'' He replied, separating a bit to look into my eyes.

''What?'' I whispered, putting my hand smoothly over his cheek.

''I can't look at my wife?'' He said and I chuckled, giving him a kiss.

''My husband is a bit idiot, but it's fine.'' I joked, kissing him again and then grabbing my suitcase, walking out the terminal with his arm around my shoulders.

''How have things gone?'' He asked when we were at home.

''Well, first of all, my aunt has made the cake I told you about.'' I giggled, handing him a box. ''And the rest... There's one thing I still cannot believe and it makes me want to vomit.''

''How explicit.'' James chuckled, grabbing the box. ''I cannot wait to eat this, Jesus.''

''I know, right? She gave me the recipe.'' I said and leaned over the kitchen furniture. ''You might want sit.''

''It sounds really bad.'' He said, putting the cake in the fridge.

''After I signed the documents, I had a chat with my aunt before you called me.'' I sighed. ''She told me that my mother and Joey... Well, they had something.''

''Something? Kinda what?'' He asked cocking an eyebrow.

''They were hooking up.'' I mumbled ashamed, rubbing my temples. ''I just don't know how to react.''

''You must be joking.'' He said without believe it.

''I wish.'' I replied. ''I really wish, but my aunt never lies, and she saw something there.''

''The fuck is wrong with people.'' James hissed.

''Do you understand why I want to vomit any time I think about it?'' I asked, looking at the floor. I sighed and held my head in my hands, with eyes closed.

''It's over now.'' James whispered, rubbing my arms after he got up and stayed in front of me.

-

The third day after I returned home, I received a letter from a very important company from Russia.

They asked me to join their academy, mainly to dance and teach while they were staying and not at competitions.

It was a great and a big deal, one of those opportunities that come once in your life, the train that you have to catch at time.

As dancer, it was the most important thing ever to me and I wanted to go, join the team. But at the same time, I couldn't leave James behind. We wouldn't see each other... Probably once every six months. It would break our marriage, everything. Besides I was going to miss my students, and I couldn't leave them.

''You're so thoughtful today.'' James said hugging me from behind when he arrived home one hour later than me.

''I know.'' I sighed, kissing his cheek.