Chapter 64: "Farewell"

We spent some time in Munich, probably a few days, not too much because James wanted to visit his parents and tell them the news. That's what I called a family.

One thing that made me really blissful was my aunt's reaction. When we told her, she couldn't stop crying, don't ask me why.

About the pregnancy. I spent all the first three months with morning sickness, ravenous hunger sometimes and wanting to sleep all of the time.

Anyway, I felt way better than before when we returned to Paris. I did what I had to, what was needed after all.

However, I still missed Michael, Erik, Natasha, Evan, and also Hugh. They were people really important to me. And also Matt, I really missed him.

But what I realised most, was that finally I felt things were working out with James, as I always wanted.

When we were in Paris, I decided to meet Françoise, to let her know the news. She became a good friend of mine, even more after telling her my situation when Matt left. She was family, just that. But family is not always blood.

That day, the same I met Françoise, I asked her to come over the apartment so she could finally meet James.

But after a few months, and after knowing that we were expecting a boy, everything became heavier because of the size of my baby bump. I didn't move out from Paris even when James left for a few to work until we spent a month in Berlin this time. I convinced him to go to my father's old house in there, just because I missed it.

However, I was on my last week of pregnancy, and the weather was quite nice, something I had to thank. It was the 15th of July, exactly a Saturday morning when I was sleeping with James, who had his arm wrapped around my body. We were still in Berlin.

I woke up first but because of a big pain in the belly. I stood still, but it remained there.

That's when I decided to get up, but it seemed to be a big mistake because my waters were broken at that point.

''James, wake up.'' I mumbled shaking his arm hard.

''I'm awake...'' He yawned with his eyes still closed when I gasped loudly. Another contraction I guess. ''What's-?''

''The kiddo is coming, so if you don't mind, take me to a damn hospital right now or I will give him birth here.'' I hissed sitting down the edge of the bed.

''Okay, okay. Just take a breath while I get dressed in less than a minute.'' He said looking for some clothes, even doubting.

''Could you just put on the damn clothes and take me there?'' I shouted out loud, desperately with my right hand over my belly. ''It's not that far, please.''

''Five minutes, only five minutes and we are there.'' He whispered kissing my forehead. But it felt like five hours. I tried to keep everything under control, but it wasn't possible so far. ''I'm going to call the hospital to let them know so it will be faster.''

''Alright.'' I huffed, grabbing tightly the leather of the seat. He looked at me worried.

''You will be fine.'' He whispered taking my hand after calling.

''James, hurry.'' I mumbled while going to the hospital. I had my hands on where the pain remained. ''Just hurry, please.''

''One minute.'' He replied, paler. And after that, he just took me out of the car and carried me into the building quickly, where a few nurses helped me to go to the delivery room.

''Where is my husband?'' I asked shouting, looking everywhere when I was over the bed about to give my son birth. He was putting on some special clothes, and a couple nurses tried to explain it to me, but I couldn't listen. I just wanted and needed James with me, not a doctor or someone else grabbing my hand.