Chapter 7: ''Will you even look back when you think of me?''

I grinned stroking his cheek softly, but I was too tired. ''Can we sleep? I'm tired.'' I whispered with my head resting on the wall, but still caressing his cheeks.

''Sure, I'm tired too.'' He mumbled while he stood up. I took his wrist quickly.

''Don't go.'' I mumbled looking into his eyes. ''Can you sleep with me tonight? I mean, I'm scared of the nightmares, you know.''

He nodded chuckling. ''As you prefer, honey.'' We lay on my bed without saying anything.

''James?'' I asked with a low voice. ''I... I amterrified that one day I'm going to see you holding someone else's hand and kissing someone else's lips.''

''And you won't, right?'' He said kissing my forehead. ''Just sleep, it's late.''

I woke up early the next morning. But James, was still sleeping as nothing. Probably he would have a hangover for sure. But at the same time he seemed to be relaxed.

I couldn't believe what was happening, and the question was running through my head since I did it, but something inside me had changed everything.

I covered him with the blankets before make us some coffee.

The feeling that filled my soul was different, even it was making me feel uncomfortable with myself because I wasn't used to feel that way. I'd always felt like shit and when the things were changing for something better, I felt worst.

The fact is that everything is just business no matter what.

Another questions were running through my head. Did James think that he could fix me from my own ashes? Would he take me out of my head? Hard to explain and hard to answer.

I walked into the room again when everything was made and I had a shower. I stroked James' hair carefully with the tips of my fingers, trying to wake him up.

''James, wake up, you're going to be late if you have to work.'' I mumbled with a weak smile on my lips.

''I don't have to work today, I'm free for a couple of days.'' He yawned and took my hand.

''Well, I've made some breakfast, if you're hungry you can go and take it. But if you're tired or hungover, you can also fall asleep again.'' He just looked into my eyes without say a word and kissed lightly my arm.

''What's wrong?'' I giggled while blushed.

''Nothing, just that I wanted to kiss your arm.'' He simply answered. ''And also the fact that today I'm hungover and I'm too lazy, you know.'' He added chuckling.

''Lazy boy, get up and have breakfast, you'll feel better then.'' I rolled my eyes laughing before come back to the kitchen.

''And what about the 'good morning kiss'?'' He said like a child. ''I want one.''

''Well... You'll have work for it.'' I shyly smiled and of course, I came back to the kitchen because I was a bit hungry.

''Thank you for letting me stay, honey.'' He whispered with a grin.

''Well, thank you then for staying at home.'' I chuckled and he noticed something.

''What's going on in your head? And don't tell me that 'it's just some stuff' because I know you even thought we know each other since five months ago.''

''Shit.'' I laughed. ''About what happened last night.'' I confessed.