Chapter 37: "Mama Said".

James P.O.V.

I was devastated. Thanks and due to Michael's action, we could make her sleep until the next morning. Doctors told me to go home and rest, that she wouldn't wake up until later, everything was okay, and that they would call me. Michael forced me to leave until I had some sleep and a shower, he would take care of everything. And so I did.

As I was upstairs, I sat on bed slowly. I looked down the floor lost, then I grabbed the photograph I had of Victoria over the nightstand. It reflected her eyes pure, innocent, happy... Just like the few times I saw that. I kissed the photograph and gathered it against my chest. I felt the same like when I was a kid; small, weak, and unsupported someway.

When I as a teenager, I remember I thought my first ''girlfriend'' would be the love of my life. It felt like the end of the world when we broke up. But it couldn't match with the feelings and emotions Victoria produced on me. The more I tried to forget her once, the more I loved her back.

It was the time to fight for what I loved most, and nothing would stop me anymore.

By the time I arrived the hospital, the corridor exactly, I found myself alone there. I called Michael, but he didn't answer my calls. I asked a nurse who was walking nearly the door and asked her for permission to enter the room.

''Und das ist das Ende.'' I heard Michael speak in German.

''Mir gefällts nicht.'' She complained, as her words meant her denial to the end of the tale.

''May I get in?'' I asked knocking the door.

''James...'' She whispered, giving me a half smile.

''How long have you been here?'' Michael asked me with a smile too.

''Well, not too much, five minutes.'' I said and closed the door behind me. ''I've called you.''

''Sorry, I was telling her a story.'' He chuckled and I raised my eyebrows lightly, grinning a bit.

''I cannot wait to learn German, to understand you both.'' I joked and sat next to her. ''How are you feeling?''

''It still hurts, but I'm feeling a bit better.'' She said grabbing my hand. ''I asked the doctors for you and they told me he was here... So I asked him to tell me a story in German, like when I was a child.''

''Thank you.'' I said looking at him.

''Don't say that.'' Michael chuckled. ''Also I think I will consider the job of interpreter.''

''And kids, that's what no sleep makes to adults.'' I joked and gave him the house's keys. ''Go home and rest, come on.''

''You sure?'' He asked. ''Whatever you need just call me.''

''Michael, please.'' She said this time. He grabbed his things and left after saying goodbye.

''This is the first time I see you speaking German.'' I said caressing her hand.

''Really?'' She asked confused. ''I bet you're fed up.''

''It don't matter.'' I smiled.

''If you go I-''

''I won't go anywhere.'' I stopped her. ''This is my place now. I must stay here.''

''The only thing that was running through my head when I was sedated, was you.'' She sighed, brushing my hair with her fingers. ''I've also asked in German about you.''

''Michael told me so.'' I chuckled.

''That's not fair!'' She complained and then chuckled too. ''So, Michael is my brother now.''